AFC Championship

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Who was it that said the Steelers would win this one, hummmmmmmmmmmm. You're right, Fitantitans picked the Steelers and Seattle. I'm looking good so far.
    ________
    GAY STRAIGHT

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I doubt Cowher ever gives up his favorite player, but I wouldn't mind him, either. See that screen he broke up? Broncos never should have allowed him to make that tackle, and he did anyway, just by freakin' 'em out. Maybe our longhairs in the secondary should adjust their hairstyle a little bit.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree. Fisher should yell. Terror and discipline works for coaches. A little negative reinforcement, a la the military, works very well. I think our players have that "aaahhhh, they don't mean it," mentality when it comes to tough coaching from the Titans staff, probably because they only see it at the end of the losing streak. Our coaches should be hard***es a lot more frequently. And punishment with exercise always brings people back in line and reduces mental mistakes. Our guys make them because there are no immediate consequences to their errors. I feel like we're soft mentally and physically. It should be like, okay, that one dude messed up, you all gotta do suicides. Take it back to high school if you have to. First, we've got to get the TEAM back together. It's like a bunch of separate interests out there at times.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How did the steelers get that guy?

They got polamalu by beeing aggresive and moving up in the 2003 draft with a trade with the chiefs. Polamalu was already a top safety propect but when he ran a 4.25 40 in workouts at USC his stock went up. The steelers needed help at both corner and safety then and could have sat on their butts and just drafted woolfolk. Of course they wouldn't be in the super bowl now if they did.

By the way the chiefs used that later 1st rd pick to take larry johnson right under our nose in the pick just ahead of us. The chiefs didn't need a RB they had preist holmes but they thought ahead and looked at the value, they thought out of the box. Reese didn't.

In rd 2 of that draft we had jason witten just sitting there an obvious first rd caliber prospect from UT. Wycheck was at the end of his career and a stud TE who can get down the field would have been great for the team. Problem was reese was so sold on calico the blinkers were on.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wasnt there a stage where Polamalu was bench because he was playing so poorly (not this season).

Interesting twist of events.

6. One player does not make the difference for a whole teams destiny. This teams problems go far beyond any difficulties Andre had.... Sounds like scapegoatism to me buddy. They would be there no matter who was playing safety, because the whole team is playing well. Like I said before, I usually give your statements a lot of respect, but not that one.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

One player doesn't make or break a team. However the difference in getting a guy like Polamalu instead of Woolfolk is about the same as getting Randy Moss instead of Kevin Dyson. It can go a long way.
    By the way I agree with Tide, if the Steelers had drafted Woolfolk instead of trading up and getting Polamalu they would not be in the SB.

8. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Just hope Fisher realises we need to get back to ball-breaking D..

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The blinkers were on? That's a strange expression.
    I always thought it was blinders. :ha:
    Who knew that Troy was going to be as good as he is?
    I wish we had him. That guy is amazing.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Uncle..

Scapegoatism? Who is the scape goat? The titans were 4-12 so there is plenty of blame to go around but it doesn't say much when a third year 1st rd draft pick loses his job to a 7th rd pick rookie. Polamalu is absolutely one of the leagues best defensive players and darn right he was the difference in that colts game. Put tank williams or thompson out there and manning would have taken advantage.

What these playoffs have shown us all is how having fast active players in the middle of the field can completely disrupt a defense. So much emphasis is always placed on speed at corner, OLB and DE. What we saw in both games yesterday is how safeties and ILB dominated the game. That tatupu kid for seattle was awesome and each of their safeties had a pick. Look what farrior and polamalu mean to the steelers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar