Advice thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Scarecrow, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Ugh. I hate when I have bad fantasy games on top of a bad Titans game.

I MAY be able to pull out a win in 1 of my 2 leagues. But I had the misfortune of going up against Cam Newton and Roddy White in BOTH of my leagues. Also, I left Ridley on the bench in both leagues since he completely burned me last week. Of course he exploded.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Running backs are getting really hard to predict unless you have Rice, MJD, or Peterson.

It seems like every team runs a two back system and its hard to guess who will get the carries. Like right now, Andre Brown has gotten me 0 points.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol but you shouldn't have played Brown because Bradshaw is back... unless you were absolutely desperate.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really didn't have anyone else.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

haha, nice...I'm in 4 as well, 4-0 in 2 of them...3-1 in 2 of them...but for a 12 man league, the team I have can't get much better...I just traded AJ Green for Megatron..can't be bad

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am up 108 to 104 in another league. He has no one left, and I have the Bears D. Would you pull their D to make sure the don't end up losing the game for me in some insane scenario or is that a ***** thing to do?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Might as well pull it unless you want the points for possible tiebreakers at the end of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

oh yea......thanks for the heads up I forgot about that. Another guy in my division is going to end up with the same record after this week and we may end up taking first or second together. I forgot all about that.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I would definitely take the D out of your lineup. I've done it several times in the past and would do it again. Just smart strategy. It's kind of like the fantasy version of taking a knee. You have the victory so don't take any chances. Get out of there with the victory.

RSB is right about the total points for tiebreakers. But personally I'll glady sacrifice tiebreaker points for a guaranteed victory. Assuming you're talking about a standard yahoo scoring league, -4 for a defense is a very real possibility. So I wouldn't look at it as "some insane scenario" at all.

10. RavensShallBurn

I'm actually in the same situation and didn't even realize it.

I'm up 107-106 and have Brandon Marshall playing... but I'll take the risk.

I've had it happen before where I was ahead and my final player got negative points, costing me the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar