Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Advice thread

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by Scarecrow, Sep 4, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,954
    Ugh. I hate when I have bad fantasy games on top of a bad Titans game.

I MAY be able to pull out a win in 1 of my 2 leagues. But I had the misfortune of going up against Cam Newton and Roddy White in BOTH of my leagues. Also, I left Ridley on the bench in both leagues since he completely burned me last week. Of course he exploded.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $40
    Running backs are getting really hard to predict unless you have Rice, MJD, or Peterson.

It seems like every team runs a two back system and its hard to guess who will get the carries. Like right now, Andre Brown has gotten me 0 points.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,877
    Lol but you shouldn't have played Brown because Bradshaw is back... unless you were absolutely desperate.
  4. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $40
    I really didn't have anyone else.
  5. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    haha, nice...I'm in 4 as well, 4-0 in 2 of them...3-1 in 2 of them...but for a 12 man league, the team I have can't get much better...I just traded AJ Green for Megatron..can't be bad
  6. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $40
    I am up 108 to 104 in another league. He has no one left, and I have the Bears D. Would you pull their D to make sure the don't end up losing the game for me in some insane scenario or is that a ***** thing to do?
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,877
    Might as well pull it unless you want the points for possible tiebreakers at the end of the season.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $40
    oh yea......thanks for the heads up I forgot about that. Another guy in my division is going to end up with the same record after this week and we may end up taking first or second together. I forgot all about that.
  9. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,954
    I would definitely take the D out of your lineup. I've done it several times in the past and would do it again. Just smart strategy. It's kind of like the fantasy version of taking a knee. You have the victory so don't take any chances. Get out of there with the victory.

RSB is right about the total points for tiebreakers. But personally I'll glady sacrifice tiebreaker points for a guaranteed victory. Assuming you're talking about a standard yahoo scoring league, -4 for a defense is a very real possibility. So I wouldn't look at it as "some insane scenario" at all.
  10. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,877
    I'm actually in the same situation and didn't even realize it.

I'm up 107-106 and have Brandon Marshall playing... but I'll take the risk.

I've had it happen before where I was ahead and my final player got negative points, costing me the game.