Advice thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Scarecrow, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Cutler against cowboys defense on MNF.... or Rivers against the Chiefs...
    or... Locker vs the Texans..

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, you're just **** out of luck.

But you've gotta go with Rivers here.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Jordy Nelson- 1 pt

Gronkowski- 2 pts

Kevin Smith- 0 pts

Mcgahee- 3 pts

Gore- 4 pts

Bears D- 20 pts

Really, god? You gonna embarrass me like that in front of my peers?

Whats the Islam toll free #?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i seem to get into these situations all the time... but rivers it is... their defense is probably worse than the cowboys and texans..

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Never thought this would've been a tough decision (or a decision at all) but.....

Michael Vick or Christian Ponder- With The Rapist on a bye, I picked up Ponder as he's been playing well (3 TDs in week 3). The Vikes play Detroit. And I'm figuring, if our inept offense can rape Detroit D's like that, then Ponder should at least end up with decent numbers. Vick goes against NYG and they could potentially be a bloodbath. Of course it's a divisional game so anything can happen. It could be a shootout. I'm still tempted to start Vick but I think Ponder is the safer play.

Also I need 2 RBs and 1 WR/RB out of these guys:
    Alfred Morris, Mikel LeShoure, Stevan Ridley, Andre Brown, Eric Decker- I also have Reggie Bush but I'm assuming he won't play this week. Right now I'm leaning Morris, LeShoure and Decker. I'm not sure what the status is with Ahmad Bradshaw but if he's still out then I'll probably plug Andre Brown in there for Morris or LeShoure. I think this might be Decker's breakout week going against a bad Raiders pass D so I'm pretty set on him.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd go Cutty and cross my fingers/pray to your god. I just think he's due a big game.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm one of the 9 Jay Cutler fans in existence.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You, Brandon Marshall, his mom, dad, and siblings?

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

For your QBs... It's tough, but I think I would play Ponder using your same logic. Plus, the Eagles simply can't protect Vick, and they're going up against JPP, Tuck, and Osi. Vick has been flat out awful, and Ponder is looking good. This could easily backfire on you, but don't get mad at me! :scared:

For your RBs/WR... I think this one is a lot easier. I would never start a Redskins RB unless they continuously put up huge numbers or you have a RB on a bye and must play him. I'd be going LeShoure, Brown (if Bradshaw sits - Ridley if not), and Decker. I'm just not sold on Ridley being any good, and I think Decker is finally hitting his stride and about to have a huge game against the poop Raiders. And we know the Pats are desperate to come out with a big win this week. I think they come out firing and passing all over the Bills (that made Sanchez and the Jets WRs look like Montana and Rice).

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I actually disagree about Morris, he has been getting the rock consistently and I think is near the top in points for running backs.

But I agree with Ponder and Brown.

10. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Ok. I'm sitting stafford as of now because he is questionable. I have Locker as my backup. Should I play locker or should I pick up Flacco vs the browns or schaub vs us? Leaning towards schaub.

And should I play Trent this week. Have him in a lot of my leagues and they play the ravens on Thursday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar