Adams Wants Fisher to Remain Titans Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oilers-titans since the move to Nashville 1998..

12 seasons

Average record 9.3- 6.7

6 playoff appearances

1 super bowl appearance

3 8-8 seasons

3 losing seasons

During that same time frame while we were committed to "losing" as one poster suggested the Detroit Lions averaged 4.5 wins a year. But, the Lions are a more progressive team. :rolleyes:

Of course the Lions could be a league powerhouse but it wouldn't matter it is America's most miserable city. Living there is like a prison sentence.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/01/29/detroit-stockton-flint-biz-cz_kb_0130miserable.html

2. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I don't think Fisher is content with being mediocre...I just think he IS mediocre.

However, Bud Adams seems very content with mediocrity.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm packing my bags baby!

Detroit the progressive poster child!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/16/detroits-unemployment-rat_n_394559.html

50% unemployment rate! I'm going!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap! Adams wants a title as much as anybody after all he is 80 years old and he knows that Fisher can win if he has the talent because he has won when he had the talent.

He is going with what he knows and does not want to break in a new coach.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Are you one of those Jeff Fisher Elitist Fanboys? Is your middle name Hussein?

6. Carp

Carp Starter

So you're pissed that Jeff didn't replace "capable back-ups?" News flash: if your back-ups were good, they wouldn't be back-ups.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we need to define "mediocrity" here. Is it a winning record? Is it one playoff win every seven years?

The Lions would die for the Titans franchise record this past decade. The Steelers would not find it acceptable because it includes no Super Bowl wins.

In my original post, I didn't mean to imply the Titans organization was content with being 8-8 or being 13-3 and not going beyond the first round. Obviously, they want to win it all. What I'm talking about are the levels in which one is willing to go to make it happen.

Adams has been doing this a long time. He's not feared making changes with his head coach even after winning seasons. He obviously felt the head coach was a key reason for a team's success or failure years ago. He's either mellowed over time or may truly feel Fisher gives him the best opportunity.

8. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Elite teams know how to draft depth. How do you think the Colts and Pats keep winning year after year. They have depth that can fill short term needs when their starters go down. We lose 2 starters and our season is over.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

I'm not arguing whether or not the Titans are better than the Colts. But I guarantee if the Colts lose their starting 2 corners, their defense will play much worse.

Similarly, the Giants (who won the SB just 2 short years ago) just got blown out in their last 2 games of the season by a combined score of 85-16. They have injury issues as well and also just missed the playoffs. Is Tom Coughlin a terrible coach?

10. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

:) You may not be aware of this but the Colts DID lose both of their starting corners early on this year. The two guys they had out there for most of the season were actually backups. They just have excellent backups.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar