Adams Wants Fisher to Remain Titans Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

2 more years of watching "potential" be wasted on the bench or the practice squad, over the hill veterans getting star treatment, and a gameplan that relies on the other team to mess up more than you.

Wonderful.

My general reaction:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think it's a chit deal Bud.

When your in a relationship that's not great but not terrible either it's easier to stay together than it is to take a risk and split up.

You have some good times and been through some tough times together. Eventually though you realise that you've seen the best of the relationship and nothings going to change.

You look back and wonder how many years you wasted by settling for a comfort zone rather than a shot at true happiness.

The best thing to do is part as friends and go chase some tail. Wake up Bud.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Whatcha say?

[​IMG]

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

[​IMG]

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher goes to camp with just a practice squad CB, a Texans reject and two rookies at CB. Depth was obviously lacking from day one.

Fisher puts a rookie into a game, on the road, with no return experience, who was out most of camp and the preseason with an injury. Then, allows him a second chance to botch a return.

We have timeouts called with one second before the end of the quarter, not calling timeouts which end up costing the team three points because a delay of game penalty, extremely questionable play-calling in key situations, repeat blown assignments, an obvious lack of intensity in a 59-0 blowout and a number of other things many here have pointed out numerous times.

Does anyone remember another season where there were as many blunders that fall at the feet of Fisher?

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Hmmmm.... Looks like some folks got played the fool. What happened to all this Adams made Fisher play Young when Jeff didn't want to? You boys were lining yourselves up with Adams and he just took a big dump on your heads. That's what you get for believing the newspaper/ESPN hype.

The fanboys will never admit it but the reason Vince Young didn't play until week 8 this season was caused by Vince Young. Whether it was the attitude, the Jax game of 08, the SD playoff game of '07, not dedicating himself or all the "You can't tell me nothin's" the bottom line is if Young had carried himself from 2006 thru 2008 like he did this season Kerry Collins would be singing country music right now. Jeff Fisher knows that, Bud Adams knows that, Vince Young knows that. Heck, everyone inside of the organization knows that. The only people that didn't get it were fans who refuse to think of football as more than having a favorite player, Fans who think a season can be turned around solely with one guy, Fans that obviously didn't watch the Titans in 2008.

7. Smudger

Smudger Starter

No and it's surprised me this season, I hope it is a blip and not a start to a trend.

I absolutely agree with you, provided the D can bounce back.

On the subject of first time HC's, it would be a disaster for us if Dinger got a HC job (Bills for instance) but how do you think he would do?

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

Marty Scottenheimer
    head coach 22yrs
    playoff record 5 wins 13 loses
    superbowl appearences 0

Jeff Fisher
    head coach 15yrs
    playoff record 5 wins 6 loses
    superbowl appearences 1

??????????????????????????????

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Some of you amaze me.

You are probably the same people who thought Cowher was an overrated/bad coach before he won his SB.

Fisher is the longest tenured coach in the NFL for a reason. He's a good coach. Sure he has a conservative play style that can drive you crazy at times, but it's a formula that obviously works. (And Cowher's style of play was pretty much the same)

We win games by running the ball well and playing defense. We did that wonderfully last year and it lead to a 13-3 record. And as some pointed out, if not for a couple of costly turnovers by Alge and Lendale or losing CJ for the 2nd half of the Baltimore game, there is a fairly solid chance that we would be the reigning SB champs right now.

Fish is one of the best. Let's just keep him here.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I love the guy but Mike Heimerdinger couldn't head coach his way out of a wet paper sack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar