Adams Wants Fisher to Remain Titans Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Extremely disappointing but not very surprising.

Interesting theory Jeff. Probably not too far off either.

Also maybe Bud's age is causing him to be more loyal to Fisher than he'd like? What I mean by that is, if he did fire Fish and we ended up with the next Zorn as you said, there's a very good chance Bud would be gone by the time this team sees another real shot at a championship. It may be a case of "Who am I kidding? I'm 87 years old. At this point Fisher is probably my safest option. Hell, I've stuck with him this long."

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Rewind to 08..
    Is there a Titans fan here who doesn't think.. er.. KNOW we win it all if CJ doesn't get "taken out" by those Ratbird chumps? - with Fisher at the helm.
    Hell, erase Crumpler's fumble and I think this team has 08 rings..

Going into '10: the QB situation is resolved, the WR corps is as good as we've seen here in some time, TE Cook and RB Ringer's presence/return should boost this team as well.
    If we can get break even on FA losses etc. I think this team has just as good of a shot as any *uninjured team to grab rings in '10 - with Fisher at the helm.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Believe it or not, I've always liked the concept of Fisherball. Fisherball works if you have a good defense, a clutch kicker, and a solid run game. It's also very safe (until you begin fumbling in the redzone, missing kicks, or not putting your kicker in when you need too.) If Jeff Fisher could recruit, he would be a top tier college football coach because this formula works 95% of the time in college football. This formula doesn't seem to work well in the NFL playoffs. Everyone's whos had the "ball" strategy, whether its been marty-ball (Remember, Marty Shottenheimer was fired after putting up a 14-2 regular season record) or fisher-ball has had limited success in the playoffs. If it wasn't for the music city miracle, Jeff Fisher would have only won 2 playoff games, both by 3 points. As much as I love the MCM play, we have to admit that it was lucky and unlikely to every happen again. However, I'd rather be lucky than good.

Most of my problems with Jeff Fisher stem from his recent questionable game decisions and the coaching not to lose mentality and the old school way of handling personnel. (blind loyalty to under performing stars.) And of course, I'm still bitter about the Peyton Manning Jersey. In every single playoff game I've seen the Titans win... It seems like they have come out flat which forces the Fish to roll the dice and rely on the athleticism of Steve McNair or a luck play to work out. Sure, they blew out a team they had already beat twice in 99. They blew out the 14-2 Jags, right? That's it though. Every other win has been by 1 score or less, and that is directly attributed to the ultra conservative starts to games/seasons that JF is responsible for.

In fact, it seems that every other season, the Titans start the season out very slow. I remember a 1-4, 0-5, 0-6 several of these starts to seasons. There's a pattern here, and everyone seems oblivious too it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Name them..

And what is your definition of new? Lane Kiffen?

5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

try watching some football outside of the titans... might help ya a bit.

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

The beginning of the year was bad, but the fact that the rest of the team managed to rally around Fisher and the play was very similar to the play of titans from '08 shows that we should expect a ~10 win season next year. Fisher is dependable for that, and while its not flashy it will be consistent (his bad seasons came during rebuilding years and if you discount his first 5 years where he was getting his coaching start).

Lets go over what we saw in the beginning of the year:
    1) we lost to a very good pitt team (high hype and with TP which is a huge difference maker) and even then we lost on 2 fluke FGs that Bironas missed
    2) Injuries after injuries killed us in the secondary through the bye week (made most apparent in the NE game)
    3) The absence of AH hurt in the pass rush (somehow we still managed to end up with 32 as opposed to the 44 from last year) but it showed glimpses of success once a rhythm was found
    4) We will lose KVB this year and therefore hope that the combination of Jones/Ford/Hayes/Ball/Rookie will at least continue what we had before (which it should)

5) Changes in LB core got hurt is (it def did towards the end of the year). - hopefully we work to fix this in the offseason

7. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

mike smith
    john harbaugh
    jim caldwell
    ken whisenhunt
    rex ryan
    sean payton

all first time head coaches that havent done bad... some with rookie QB's.
    most with solid teams, just needing a few key players... urmm kinda like the titans, solid team not too far from making it. what a concept, i know change actually doin some good.. thats just crazy talk

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Name all these stud new coaches.

Fisher 39 wins 2006-2009

Sean Payton 38 wins 2006-2009

Fisher did not have and does not have drew brees.

Singletary? New young hip coach? 51 years old same age as jeff fisher and the great rolltide. Fisher beat his team and finished with the same record.

Josh McDaniel's team was 8-8. Mediocre sucks remember!

Rex ryan made the playoffs but so did Eric Mangini in his first year with the jets. Mangini was one of those new geniuses remember? Mangenius they called him.

Lane Kiffen was the newest of the new for the raiders. His record there 5-15.

John harbaugh has been great and maybe his brother jim would be a good NFL coach. He has plenty of players to work with which doesn't hurt.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What about jim schwartz?

Is sean payton a "new" coach? This is his 4th year. He was 7-9 and 8-8 in 2007 and 2008 with drew brees. Mediocre POS!

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You could argue a few of those guys might be better than Fisher (Harbough beat Fisher last year with a rookie Qb and is in the playoffs again and Whisenhunt did get to a SB he almost won) but IMO there might not be a whole lot of difference between any of those guys if given the same team.

What I can't stand about Fisher however is he has no personality. We are supposed to be an kicking defense, run it down your throat team but we play not to lose, our defense is anything but intimidating and we are now finesse on offense.

It is like the head and the body don't go together. Instead of bringing the fear of God on QBs with our defense we sit back and hope the QB doesn't make a good pass or maybe an OL guy falls down. Fing bend but don't break. What crap.

Dinger has brought a nice scheme to the offense but there is always Fish to put a dull edge to the scheme. In fact everything Fisher touches is dull, boring and stupid. Without CJ you could fall asleap.

On top of that Fisher has such great skills with the media he is outright boring. He doesn't fire anyone up. His act is getting real old IMO. Everything he says is politically correct. Take my word for it; from a guy who cheered the 1985 Bears to a SB win, a little personality is a good thing.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar