Adams screwing this franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The key difference here is that Rodgers didn't have to sit behind a veteran for his entire rookie contract. That is what Jake Locker is facing if Manning signs.

For Jake Locker to sign a significant second contract after his rookie deal expires in 2014, he will need to have proven himself as an NFL starter by then. He will not want to just sit around and do nothing and then hit free agency having never been given the chance to start. He would be justified in asking for a trade. That's not an ego problem, that's what anyone would do.

There is a very good chance that signing Manning means the end of Locker in Tennessee. Then, if Manning doesn't bring a Super Bowl, the whole thing was a huge failure and the Titans are back to square one without a franchise QB.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Be glad he's meeting with Munchak, it's Ruston Webster who hands out the contracts.
    IDK, if Manning is meeting with only Munchak, that may be a good thing for fans who don't want him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He "forced us" in to the VY draft... by making us draft VY over Lienart.

Sorry, but that was the right thing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Any chance Jake just leaves and plays baseball for the Angels?

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Revisionist history. There were just as many (if not more) rumors that the Titans wanted Cutler. Either way, who cares. It's water under the bridge.

I agree that Bud takes more heat than he deserves for that one.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[troll mode]After Manning signs with Denver, the Titans will get a shot at Tebow.[/troll mode]

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Bud and the Titans are much too smart to screw up the QB spot. They have been brilliant in handling this Manning situation. The FO comes out 3 weeks ago and throws total support behind Locker and Hasselbeck. Then they wait until right before FA and they orchestrate to have the crazy owner go straight to the media and demand that Manning be a Titan. It looks like the FO has no idea about this, but now they have to do what the boss says. So Bud has protected his FO and Coach by having it appear that he was acting all alone. If the Titans don't land Manning then it is really no big deal to Hass and Locker because the FO and Coach can just blame the crazy old owner.

Some say this was the action of a senile owner....I think Bud using his brilliance came up with the perfect plan to make a run at Manning without pissing off your current QBs. How do you think that Tebow and Kolb feel about the coaches and FO? I think they have a right to feel slighted.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I like this theory.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bud Adams, the master of wasting top-ten picks on QBs.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this is dead on. When I heard Bud had done this and looked twice at the calendar to be sure it wasn't April 1, I thought that there was no way Bud, on his own, would make this move. It just didn't seem to be his m.o.

The only problem is if it doesn't work out he'll have a disappointed fan base if the Titans don't make a splash in free agency.

The other theory is Bud is like one of those guys on "Storage Wars" who likes to drive up the price so the winner doesn't have enough money left to buy the unit Bud really wants. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar