Adams screwing this franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I really didn't mean to get into an ownership spat in a Manning thread.

But no, I don't think we will. Nor do I want one. I'd rather have a stadium that real fans and their kids can afford to go to. Not that that exists in the NFL.

I just hate seeing the fans and cities getting screwed when some billionaire decides the stadium isn't nice enough, or the pasture is greener elsewhere.

That's all.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Or you can take it a step further and wish him to die. Oh you already did.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=80309&page=15

And it got 5 hi-fives.

Someone commented that signing Manning would alienate the true fanbase. Well if that's the fanbase that wishes death on the owner than good.

I certainly agree owners aren't immune to criticism and I have no problem with your anti-Manning stance. You have no idea that it won't work just as much as I have no idea if it will work.

But I'll stick with the guy that brought a team here and wants the HoF QB to finish his career here and continue his post career here. If that stunts Locker's development than boohoo. We'll just draft Tyler Bray in 2 years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

For everybody that keeps mentioning drafting VY as a Bud Adams screw up... the other choice (and the one the football people wanted) was Matt Leinart.

Hello! Vince Young >>> Matt Leinart. Good call, Bud.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Stop taking the high and mighty road, Alex. It's a message board. It's football. People get death wished on them all the time.

5. Alex1939

Even though Jerry Jones hasn't had SB success in a while, he's won 3 titles as owner.

Even though we all love to dog on Al Davis, the Raiders have been to a Superbowl more recently than the Titans.

I like the track we are on, and Peyton doesn't ruin it. WORST case scenario for 2012 is that Hasselbeck is gone and Locker takes over and the cap is worse. BEST case scenario is a SB win which is much more likely than a season led by Locker.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I don't want the guy to die... that is a little f*cked up honestly. I love Bud- the ballsy old don't give a sh*t, flip you off in a heartbeat owner. He seems like an interesting guy, but I don't think he knows a damn thing about football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

I only wish death on people in Taboo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Jerry Jones won titles during an era with no salary cap. He bought titles. The fact that your next best example of a meddling owner who's had some success is Al Davis is hilarious.

And the worst case scenario for 2012 is that Manning is just using the Titans to gain leverage and signs elsewhere. In the meantime, the Titans missed out on signing Mario Williams and both quarterbacks on the roster started worrying about their jobs.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Alex1939

But is it though? The Texans NEVER had overall team success with Mario as starter. Maybe we are better off rolling the cap forward into next season and finding a group of more appealing free agents?

Hell, I was all on board with getting Mario but QB > DL and I'd rather try for Manning than Mario. With Manning, we don't need Mario as much.

10. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Taking a shot at Manning may indeed cost us a chance at Mario, which sucks. But the only QB worrying about his job will be Hasselbeck as Locker should be even better with a full offseason and training camp behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar