Adams screwing this franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am quite sure this is against NFL rules and would result in the Titans being punished by the league in a very hard way.

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Bud's the one who drafted Steve McNair with a #3 overall pick.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

http://static.nfl.com/static/content//public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

Here's the official NFL rules. Go to page 40, article IX, paragraph D. Looks like player ownership is OK as long as a player is with the team and the NFL executive committee approves. Seems it states there needs to be an out clause also if the player leaves the team.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Impressive research. Thanks for taking the time to investigate. :applause:

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I actually read (more like skimmed) the entire 294 page document and couldn't find any amendments to that paragraph. To me, it still applies. I bet owners don't want to open this Pandora's box, but Bud is at his life end, he'll have the attorney's phrase a contract to make it work.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bud Adams got out of the way and let the football men he hired pick and develop Steve McNair. Bud Adams did not demand that they pick him and then demand that an undeveloped QB start three games into his rookie season.

Bud Adams is desperate and has been showing it for the last eight years. Reluctant to fire Fisher and start over with a new coaching staff. Reluctant to admit he was wrong about VY because it meant he'd have to start over with a new QB.

Bud Adams can go suck a :banned:.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

And the NFL LOVES Peyton Manning.. I can't see the NFL executive committee shooting that down.

Is there any merit to Bud potentially offering this? Or pure speculation?

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Not true, Bud did demand it. He ordered Floyd Reese to do whatever it took to draft McNair.

On draft day, a team called Reese, trying to get him to trade up from the #3 spot to make sure he got McNair and Floyd said no. Fortunately, the other GM was bluffing and McNair was still there at #3. I heard Reese tell that story several times on his radio show back in the day. I'm sure that quite a few other people on this forum have heard it too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't know that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar