Adams Ready to Draft QB of the Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Based on his agents statements I have no idea. This issue greatly concerns me. I realize it is important to retain McNair for if we don't the chances of being successful drop off significantly. Conversely, to keep him with a 25 million dollar cap #... that's roughly 1/4 of the big enchilada... totally unacceptable. We can't live with that. Unless some middle ground is found then the die will be cast and Reese will be left with no choice. If I hadn't already seen the way the EG thing went down, I wouldn't sweat it. EG thing happened... I have no reason to believe this can not go the same way. That worries me even if they do chaulk it up to "postering" and "agent speak" ... I can't count on anything.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I really believe nothing will happen until after the draft. If we draft Young, then I think the following scenario plays out:

1) Steve re-negotiates for 2 year contract (4-5 mil/year) with 1 or 2 year extension.
    2) Steve starts next year (06) and Most of (07).
    3) VY gets a few starts 07 and all 08.
    4) Steve retires 08.
    5) Titans build offense around mobile QB.

If we draft Cutler or Leinart, I think Steve holds firm and plays for the money. Probably Baltimore.

1) Steve gone.
    2) Volek starts '06, Leinart/Cutler start last few games if we're out of play-off hunt.
    3) Volek gone in '07.
    4) Offense built around pocket passing/RB outlets.

If we draft Bush:

1) Steve re-negotiates for 3 year contract (4-5 mill/yr)
    2) Build offense around run game.

With the FA moves the Titans have made and Fish/Reese needing some evidence of tangible improvement, I can't see them taking Leinart or Cutler.
    I see VY or Bush as the most likely choices for Reese/Fish/Titans. But what do I know?:winker:

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Even if we draft bush, I don't think we build around run game. Bush can't handle that much of a load, and we'd have to beef up the line.

If we beefed up the line, I'd be excited, with Bush, Brown, and Henry, we could be a force...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

so I guess this whole, "get the hell out of my practice facility and take your little dog too..." approach taken by the FO is really just no big deal.

[​IMG]

Nothing to worry about. Nothing "Jerry Jones-ish" about it...

just part of the negotiation process...
    nothing at all...

[​IMG]

Jerry, I mean, Bud knows what he's doing...
    I hope he's taking his old folks pills...
    He's waited 40 years to win a Super Bowl...
    I guess he's taking matters into his own hands.

Jones must have beat him by at least 6 strokes out on the links.

[​IMG]

Which one do you think looks like Bud?

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

BiPolar,
    Just killing time while waiting for more info on the other thread, huh?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i swear you have a picture or video for everything lol

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]

I'm not only the Hair Club for Men President...
    I'm also a client.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well, I didnt' see locking McNair out of the facility coming- that's for sure. But, I do believe we're hearing alot of agent rhetoric. I haven't seen any direct quotes from Steve yet.

This apparently all went down yesterday. Alot of spin is percolating out- most of it from Bus Cook. We'll hear the FO side tomorrow. I can't believe by tomorrow PM it is going to be as bad as it sounds tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar