Adams Ready to Draft QB of the Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

McNair has been a warrior for us since he started and i've always held his character in high regard, but the fact is McNair doesnt have the ability anymore to be a top 5 QB...he hardly even practices anymore. The future is now and I think Bud hit the nail on the head. I would love for McNair to come back for 2 seasons and battle it out to start, but hes never going to be as good as he was. If he truly wants a ring and wants to go out like with class like Bettis is this year, he will accept his role as vet that doesnt have the tools anymore and help bring this team back to glory with a new guy at the helm. If not, Billy is more than capable to steer the ship until a new qb is ready.

2. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Baltimore can have him (although a draft pick would be nice). Take the 10 mil and get some players.

3. jdee

jdee Guest

This is no more than Bus Cook "negotiating" for his client. Unfortunatley, I don't think they are on as firm of ground as they think. Steve's skills has diminished to a point the Titans could sign a free agent QB to get them through the next season or two and then Young, Leinert or Cuttler would be ready to run the show.
    Will the Titans call their bluff? The did with Eddie, and there was no market out there.

JDee

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

It wouldn't bother you to see one of our biggest warriors in a purple ratbird uni??? The thought makes me sick...:barf:...I'd almost be willing to draft Cutler if it gauranteed Steve would be around for 2 more seasons....

5. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

So all of that talk about a month and a half back is total hogwash?

The talk I'm referring to was how Steve played at Alcorn with Vince's uncle, how Steve has been counseling Vince for years, how Steve has gone to help Vince with his game, blah blah blah.

Now, are we to expect that everything has changed, and that suddenly Steve is not interested in being a mentor?

I'll be in the garage looking for my hip waders.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Please. I'd be happy for him and our other ex-players there.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The more that people from inside the Titans' organization (Adams, Fish, Reese) go public with the position that the team needs to draft a new franchise QB the less convinced I am that they will.

8. Ditto. I don't recall Bud Adams ever being a highly vocal guy in terms of who the organization drafts, or picks up via free agency. This may be a well-placed smoke-screen to make it look like the Titans are going to go QB.

This mock draft from KFFL indicates that we, "don't have enough cap space to sign a No.3 overall player at the QB position." Is there any truth to this?

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=kffl-nfldraftgrapevine&prov=kffl&type=lgns&league=fantasy

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

They can and will find the cap space for a qb if they decide thats what they want to do. Still a few ways to get cap space thats why Reese keeps saying we can't carry Steves current cap #. McNair's contract will be reworked or he will be released freeing up the room we need.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If the titans draft VY, then Steve's choice is to re-negotiate or leave. Come on, what do you think he'll do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar