Adams Ready to Draft QB of the Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

It should be intersting here next month....CMON DRAFT DAY!

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There are two issues here.
    1. We don't want to pay two QBs, especially 10 million for a guy to tutor.
    2. McNair doesn't want to be in the NFL if he is not the starter and I don't blame him.

So if McNair's plans are to play in the NFL for 2-4 more years we need to let him go if we are going to draft the next QB. He will not be happy being forced to play for the one year.
    If McNair's plans are to finish up this year and then retire anyway we keep him and he bows out gracefully making way for whoever.

I'm beginning to see where McNair is coming from on this (and it isn't all about money). He wants to play 3 more years (ona team that has a chance to do something) and not as a tutor or backup. I always thought ideas that Mac would be happy to stick around as a backup while he mentored the new guy was ridiculous thinking. If Mac is not the man he doesn't want to be in the NFL and I don't blame him.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If Steve is forced to play here this year he will play hard for 2 reasons. First McNair has character I dont think he will allow himself not to give his best and if he wants a big contract from someone else next year he has to have a big year in 2006. Imo whats best for the Titans this year is to keep Steve and let mentor our new qb then him go next year if thats in our best interest. If and only if we can handle the cap # this is our best chance to win this year and the years ahead. We are holding all the cards lets play them to our best advantage.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are you kidding me? McNair has no clue if he can play out '06 let alone to 2010. Remember the guy talking retirement just a year ago? He has back issues that will somehow improve with another four seasons of wear and tear?

Sure McNair wants to start if he remains in the NFL, who wouldn't? But most of what we are hearing now from Cook is simply about the money.

McNair will settle for a two-year deal which will guarantee him around $14 to $16 mil. He'll start in '06 and we'll see how it goes with '07. I just don't see the Titans offering more than two years guaranteed. And he should expect to compete for the job entering '07 unless the Titans draft Young and he isn't ready to go entering the '07 season.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:applause:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

He nailed it.

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

I'm Just wandering what Billy Thinks about all of this

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You know he's jonesing for another shot. I expect him to come out as a fierce competitor in preseason. If for anything to look good on some film. Maybe he feels that he's gotta prove that he's more than a bargaining chip. Billy is worth something to Tennessee. Billy needs to show Tennessee that he is worth something to somebody else. Billy feels like even Baltimore would be okay...(what is with that Baltimore story anyways? didn't get to read it through yet??)... bottom line... Billy would like to show up McNair I bet... show that he can be the man... But McNair is and has been so tough... such a warrior... he's given his heart and soul for a long time now. These have been some tough times. Fans are jaded.:baghead: Things are looking up. Billy wants to be somebody that is big time. Billy would love to get traded to Oakland because he was the California kid... Oakland is looking to the draft though. All this qb drama tears at me. VY is awesome. MAC is sentimental. Billy I sorta feel sorry for in a way. But he's been getting paid pretty good and he was a UDFA afterall... but he's gotta be hungry. He's got to want more. Who wouldn't? To be on the cusp of really being able to be truly rags to riches... (Bennett is the #1?)... another hope luck story... funny how Billy connects will Bennett on the field like that... He's gotta know that the team has got to draft a qb... that, I can't even speculate how that would make him feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar