Adams Ready to Draft QB of the Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams feels it's time for his team to address a key need -- the QB of the future. "We ought to get a pretty good quarterback out of this draft," Adams said. "Drafting No. 3, we ought to get a pretty good quarterback in that spot right there. … I hope we get a guy who can be our leader for about 10 years. It's time for that, I think." Bus Cook, agent for QB Steve McNair, claims his client wants to remain a starter for the next few seasons and has no interest in grooming a rookie to replace him. "He is a starter. Why would he want to mentor a young guy to take his place? He is not ready for the rocking chair. It doesn't matter if it is Cutler, Leinart, Vince Young or anybody else. It doesn't make sense for Steve McNair to take a huge cut in pay — it wouldn't be this year obviously, but it would be next — to be a mentor for some young guy no matter who it is. It might be great for Tennessee, but it wouldn't be good for Steve."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- that's what Eddie's agent said also. How's is working out for you Eddie?

These agents don't get a nickle of "spin-off" retirement income. Cook may be different but I'm not hearing it in him.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Steve McNair... lead, follow, or get out of the way.
    As if only winning 9 games the last two seasons is bad enough...
    Now you don't even want to be a team player. Keep your money...
    but damn... Help VY out or feel the wrath of BIPOLAR!!!:grrr:

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I kind of like the idea if I was in McNairs shoes. Get paid 10 mil a year for sitting on the bench.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

No doubt. This comes as such a shock to me. I mean gee whiz... if he would just quit "posturing" or whatever and sign a deal or just play along... this team would be so much better off... instead he's like..."uhh... EG did it like this and he got more MONEY... but instead I'll take what I can get and then I'll try to put up the #'s to make my contract pay... never mind the fact I can't even limp into practice most days... oh yeah... I drink more BEER than Gatorade...":irked:
    This is so not what I expected from Steve. :barf:

Start the rookie if he's gonna be such a baby. Start Volek... cut McNair...
    I'm so turned off by this... it is like EG all over again.:sad2:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

CALM DOWN !

this is "AgentSpeak" for those of you who have yet to see it

I doubt these words are coming from Mc himself

but ,being in his shoes, I wouldn't want to be a 'tutor' either

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

sorry. let me find my pill for that...:brow:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree Puck. However, Cook is usually more direct than this. I guess both sides are using the media as a testing pot.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I can tell ya' what I'd be doing with $10 million in the bank and you can bet it would involve a lot sitting. Maybe a beverage or two or thirty... :winker:

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, whatever it is, it's going to be a little more than half when taxes come out. I think a lot of players think about that. Not that it matters. Geez, $5M in the bank to sit on the bench. If only....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar