Adams, McNair, George all HOF nominees

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yep. Even if they had won a ring I wouldn't be so sure they'd get in. Perhaps Eddie but not Steve. When you remove the "Iron Man" factor and just look at the numbers, he simply wasn't good enough.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I wish I could disagree with you on this but I just can't. The HOF is all about numbers and I would love to see steve and eddie both get in but I don't see that happening

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moon's 5 CFL titles should factor into it as well and probably pushes him over. It's called the pro football hof not the nfl hof.

Still his high rankings in total yardage stats with not even a super bowl appearance to show for it makes his career very Kerry Collins like doesn't it? And Collins did get a team to the super bowl.

Moon was 3-7 in the post season but he did make 9 pro bowls.

The one hall of fame QB who doesn't belong there in my opinion is Sonny Jurgenson. Moon was more deserving than him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

kerry collins turnovers probobly didnt help his cause, especially in his 1 superbowl... think it was 4 pics the ravens had on him...

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No they shouldn't. SEC football is more professional than the cfl.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I used him as an example of a QB who threw for a lot of yards but is obviously not a hall of famer. Moon was better than he was and made a lot more pro bowls.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

gotchya..... I just can't stand kerry collins lol ... nothing personal against him , i just never liked him and took a cheap shot

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think it is a great article. He makes his case based on passing rating and rushing yardage. Had Mcnair played most of his career in the 80s his career passing rating would have been 8 points lower. Comparing him to Elway and Marino is moronic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar