Adams Blames Cook for Current Standoff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What else would you expect bud to say?

This is what i think of bud....:moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

He also represents Titans RT David Stewart and basketball player Erick Dampier. He was a co-agent, with a few others, for Randy Moss. His agent profile says he's negotiated 19 active NFL contracts, but doesn't list them.

3. So what are we saying here, Bud's right?

I sort of respet Adams for standing up and saying that Bus is the blame although I'm not exactly sure why

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

"...but it’s kind of gotten a little bit ragged toward the [end],”

Can't tell if this is exactly what he said because of the brackets around [end], but if it is, this is the single most telling thing Bud has said about the situation.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Man this is just like some lame soap opera; a lot of yapping but nothing every really gets resolved.

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Titans"

:sleepy:

6. Enoch

Enoch Guest

Cooks constant demands have inflamed the situation publicaly more than anything else. He has used the media to post demands consistently, and he has also tried to force the Titans hand several times into a trade by saying a deal was imminent, etc.

7. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

I rarely agree with Adams, but on this one, I do. Bus Cook ONLY earns commission IF McNairs deal is rewritten. Do you REALLY think he has McNair's :kiss: best interests in mind or his own? :sad2:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hoffa!!! Hoffa!!! Tide needs some more verbal abuse!!!
    Come quick!!! :lol3:

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:suspect:

10. jdee

jdee Guest

Bud is exactly right. But the Titans share some of the blame in this too. They basically tied their own hands by backloading Steve's contract several years ago. Everyone knew that $23 mill this year would never be paid, so the Titans forced their own hand.

Steve also has some blame in this also. Who's running the show, Bus Cook or Steve McNair? The players let these agents run their affairs too much. Yes, it's thier job to get the best deal for their client, but how much money do these guys need? Steve's career is nearly over, he's going to fall on his face in Baltimore, get hurt or play poorly and Kyle Boller will be starting by mid-season. There's a sucker born every moment, and Baltimore is the sucker. What have they seen from Steve that makes them think he's a 12 mill per year QB?

This is Eddie all over again.

JDee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar