Adams advised to keep Fisher, ditch Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

So I didnt know this, but I checked on it. Did you know that of Fisher's 16 seasons. only 6 have been winning seasons? So his record is a notch above .500, but with him there is a 62% chance of mediocrity or worse per season. Only a little less than 38% we have a winning season.

He has also gone to the post season each winning season, where he has a .455 winning percentage. Doing the calculations for just a three game post season......

(.455)(.455)(.455)(.38)= .036 aprox. So a 3.6% chance to winn the superbowl if we get a divisional seed. And 1.6% without. So Im just going to say it should probab;y be around a 2.2% shot to win a super bowl here per season. This means hed average a superbowl once every 45 years.

So what I am saying is that Bud needs to fire his advisors as well.

you can check my numbers if you want. I am a math major though(if that counts for anything)

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I am beginning to think Bud needs to hold off making any decision right now.

Imagine being the owner for a minute not knowing if the Titans will be playing football next season, or, they get the thing settled in August giving each team less than a month to prepare for the regular season.

I doubt any new coach could install any kind of offense or defense in that short amount of time. I doubt any new QB, even if Fisher were to remain, could learn the offense in that short amount of time. This forces the Titans to resign Collins or make Smith the #1.

Who are these great coaching options right now? There are already three other NFL teams looking. Why can't Bud work behind-the-scenes and do some research and interviews to see if anyone on his radar is interested before firing Fisher?

Who are these great QB options right now? Do we think Collins or Smith are going to lead the Titans next season? If the CBA isn't resolved, no trades can happen. Most of these underclassman QBs won't come out.

I think Bud should wait. See what happens with the CBA. Do some research on potential coaching candidates. Wait until the draft to see if the QB you want is available. Keep options open.

Anyone see any reason why Bud should make a decision soon? I believe he has until early March before he is forced to make any moves.

Edit: Looks like Bud has until five days after the new CBA is in place to make a decision since that is when VY's roster bonus is due.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why have we not ditched Cecil yet?

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He probably has to decide before Vince gets paid a roster bonus in March. No need to do anything before then, though. That said, I doubt the CBA negotiations are done by March. The labor situation might be just as undetermined as it is right now.

5. TitanJeff

If the CBA isn't settled by then (and I agree it probably won't be), does Bud have to pay a roster bonus since everything is put on hold?

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hmmm. I read this recently. I forget the specifics, but I think he would not have to. However, he would have to pay it very soon after a new CBA was agreed upon.

7. San Diego Vol

San Diego Vol Practice Squad

He should be the first to go

8. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Yes I read something similar. Vince's roster bonus is due on the 5th day of the new season or something, which began March 1st on the last CBA (Might be wrong about that). I assume other bonuses are the same, due on the 1st or 2nd etc. day of a season. So no CBA in place and no games = no season = no bonuses paid.

I think...

9. TitanJeff

Then it sounds like Bud can take as long as he needs. Once (if) the CBA is finalized, he'll have to make some decisions.

But that could be a while if he chooses to hold off.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Your sizing the importance of a new CBA too much. There have been like 12 coaching changes/vacancies/extensions within the last 24 hours. Clealy a change or an extension at that position isn't that big of a deal..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar