Adams advised to keep Fisher, ditch Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I still don't see why it's gotta be one or the other. Just give the people what they want. Do the right thing and get rid of them both. Everyone except Bud seems torn on the issue.

2. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I want them both gone and start from scratch.....choosing one over the other and well dropping a nuclear bomb over Nashville will cause fallout less catastrophic than the fallout from whoever Adams chooses.

I want Young gone because no individual is above the franchise and that's the message Adams is sending if Young stays and Fisher goes; choosing Young over Fisher alone would make it tough if not impossible to find someone who will want to coach this team knowing d@mn well he'll risk termination if he sends Young to a timeout during a temper tandrum, and if what I heard was true about Underwood and Reinfeldt backing Fisher to the bitter end and they pay the price for it if Fisher goes then Adams may very well write his grandson out of his will and leave the team to Young upon his passing.

I want Fisher gone because I'm tired of 16 years of mediocre football from this arrogant jerk who refuses to change from his run run pass punt philosophy, his nepotism towards certain players, and his vile manipulation of the local media convincing people that his hot seat status is because of Vince Young not to mention blaming this lost season on Young.

I want them both gone so f:grrr::grrr::grrr:king bad, but I would be more content with the Fish getting fried because at least Young took the high road after Fisher ran him out of the practice facility.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Um,...I'm not really sure there's a high road following when you call a superior (for your job) a list of 5 to 6 profanities

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

100% Agree!!!!

As much as we don't like Fisher he is respected and I can at least understand that. Young guys who look at Fisher and think "Wow if this guy gets fired because he didn't like Bud's GUY then what chance do I have?" I mean what coach would want to come to a team and be told THIS is your QB learn to like it.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

What???? High Road??? Are you kidding me?? He ran away, pouted for almost two months, went crying to Uncle Bud while he had "his ear" in Houston, trying to undercut his immediate supervisor, and has still, to this day, not had the cajones to show up for work and be a man.

He has acted like nothing short of a spoiled little brat in this whole ordeal. He might have gained back some of my support had he actually swallowed a little pride, showed a little intestinal fortitude, and showed up for work (regardless of what Fisher did). But he did not....which pretty much made me lose whatever respect I had left for him (not that my respect is high on his priority list anyway...but just saying).

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He wasn't allowed to show up to almost all activities & I think you are way off saying he went and pouted for two months. He kept his mouth shut. Whatever he would have done you would have found a way to attack I bet. If you really think it would have been a good idea for the team if he showed up then I don't know what to tell you. It just would have brought more problems to the team and I think people told him to just wait until the season was over.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Why are we trying to force there to be some moral lesson in this? It's football. Winning is all that matters.

I'll leave the moral lessons for my dinner table.

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

ON A RECENT Tennessee Titans News Tweet "Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said on his weekly radio show he went to work today and met with coaches and began player evaluations for 2011"

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Get real. He was kept out of the practice on the Monday (NOTE: 1 DAY) after the Redskins game. He was NOT restricted after that. His absence was HIS CHOICE from that Monday forward. Yes, Fisher was not kissing his posterior, but get over it...after his little childish display he should have showed a little maturity, swallowed just a bit of pride, and come back to work.

If his showing up was so problematic to the team in your opinion, why did so many VY supporters go crazy over the 1 hour cameo appearance made at the Texan game (I seem to remember a thread crediting the win to VY's "mystical appearance" at the game)?

His mouth stayed shut until he was in Uncle Bud's office, then it was not.

And, as I have said before, I was a VY supporter right up until the "pads in the stands incident", so don't you even pretend to know how I would have reacted had VY actually started to act his age here.

10. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

He kept his mouth shut while Fisher kept attacking even going as far as blaming Young for the teams struggles at one point during the six-game losing streak while Young was in out of the limelight.......to me that's taking the high road and has showed me some maturity Fisher's co-horts at the Tennessean and ESPN tried to feed to everybody that he doesn't have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar