Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Adam vinateiri

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MadAboutMcNair, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    still out there..would be nice for every kick not to be an adventure
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,472

Um, how old are you? :irked:
    I know a few old farts that will stomp the hell out of any young punks, so let's lay off the age thing. Football may be a game for spring chickens, but us "old farts" are the ones with the credit to support it.
  2. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    :ha: Relax....
  3. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,152
    That's not the kind of attitude you should be taking to Hawaii...
    :ha:
  4. royhobbs Guest

With the way we are throwing $$ around, why not sign the best kicker? We certainly won't draft one...Bironis was a pleasant surprise, but what will he do when the kicks actually mean something?
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    Gee, I thought we were pals. I've had my first grey hair these past two years. I feel from time to time I'm getting a little long in the tooth myself but since you ask my dob is listed in my profile.
    SEC 330 BIPOLAR
    That's 28 years 1 month and 2 1/2 weeks...

or this many...

5 5 5 5 5 3

I may be 28 but I've got the credit to support my psls. I don't really see what that has to do with it. I buy beer that pays for ad revenue on TV. I raz around with GoT and fitantitans like that because I feel like I'm getting old myself. Ten years ago I was legal to buy tobbaco and now I've got a job I've been at for 9 years, a wife, a child, a mortgage, health insurance payments, the whole she-bang. I've got a field agent from the Kinghts of Columbus who wants to put me in a whole life policy. (in case I die) ...

But honestly, do you have any idea just how old Gary Anderson is?

Born: Jul 16, 1959

ok, maybe that's only 46 nearly 47, but he looks older than that.
    Actually, he doesn't even really look all that bad at all.
    He still had a lot more leg 20 years ago...you know, during the Regan Administration.

[IMG]

He was kicking for the Steelers when I was 4 years old.
    That's like a quarter century in the NFL...
    That's some ESPN classic :banned:

All of that aside, I'm sorry.
  6. smili Starter

Moolah:
    $422
    It was nice having Bironas's leg on kickoffs last year. I think most young kickers grow into consistency and bironas should work his way up the learning curve.

Anyhow, our kickers have to make so many tackles that he'll probably get hurt at some point and we'll be on the search again:sad2:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,377
    and Gary will be back.
  7. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Bironas had some pretty good kickoffs last year so i'm sold on that. Adam would be a great signing, we know what he can do, heck he has 2 Super Bowl winning kicks.

I think we should keep Bironas, if he's crap next year, chokes etc, then we should think about getting a game winning kicker, but right now we have our priorites set

And that does not invlove getting a place-kicker.
  8. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Bironas was 79% last year on FG attempt. Vinateire was 80%
    Bironas was 2 for 5 over 50 yards. Vinateire was 0 for 2 (which means Bironas was as accurate as Vinateire on the others).
    Bironas missed 2 XPs, Vinateire missed one.
    Bironas averaged 64 yards on KOs with a return average of 22.6.
    Vinateire averaged 61.7 and 21.9.

In other words Bironas was not any less the kicker last year. This idea Vinateire is going to be a big upgrade is simply a fantasy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.