Actors/Actresses whose movies you refuse to watch

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Childress79, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

True, but you can say that for a lot of great actors.

Denzel is one of those actors that can make any turd watchable though.

Since you're a fan of Whitaker, was The Last King of Scotland any good?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Keanu Reeves

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Denzel's last good role was American Gangster, where he played a tough guy (much like in Training Day). Now he plays what I like to call the "guy with nothing to lose" character...over and over and over again.

Can Zel play a sissy? Can Zel play a cripple? Nah.

4. Will Farrell. He's good in spurts and secondary roles like Old School and Wedding Crashers. But when he's the lead, I'd rather watch Barney reruns.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As there were similarities in the villainous roles of Bill and Plainview so would there be similarities in the portrayal. Have you seen The Crucible or In The Name of The Father?
    And of course I've seen those Denzel flicks. It was those movies that made me realize he plays "Denzel" in each one of them..

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I liked it, but it had 2 of my favorite actors in it( McAvoy, Whitaker). Could have had a lot to do with it. Definitely worth a watch though.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The ending was hard to watch...if you know what I mean. It really had me HOOKED.

8. GeronimoJackson

I'm starting to really like McAvoy, he was one of the few bright spots in X-Men.

9. GeronimoJackson

That is true, and no I haven't, it'd be unfair for me to judge DDL completely since I've only seen a few of his movies (Mohicans would be the only other one that comes to mind).

Denzel isn't a versatile actor, I don't disagree, but because of his unique charisma, he will be looked at as always just being Denzel lol.

But hey, he's damn good at being Denzel. The scene that won him the oscar in Training day was as good as the "I'm a sinner" scene that won DDL the oscar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9C2Pn0zwQ

And I don't see how anyone can not find the whipping scene in Glory freaking powerful. Because he doesn't have a single line and it still is able to move you the way it did, makes this scene special IMO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDOPJawut4Y

Have you seen The Hurricane? I wouldn't say he was just being Denzel in that one. Wait, I meant... he wasn't Denzel for 20 minutes.:ha:

10. GeronimoJackson

Zel playing a sissy is just wrong.

He did play a cripple in The Bone Collector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar