Activate Ealy. NOW.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

ealy, paul williams, joel filani, try something, justin and roydell are the only guys that i think have earned a spot

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

joel filani didn't even make the practice squad

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

None of those highlights are really that impressive. Filani's highlights blew those away.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Ealy given a shot, although I'd rather see Paul Williams first. If Mike Williams needs some time to get in shape, fine. That gives us time to try and work his *** off and to see how committed he is.

Would Fish have the nuts to pull Moulds for one of the youngsters? I kinda doubt it, but he has been the least impressive WR imo. I thought, or hoped, that he's at least be a sure handed possession receiver. Hasn't even been that.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't disagree with you at all but you can make a case for anyone using specific highlights. It doesn't show if they are capable enough to be consistent.

Is Ealy on the active roster or PS?

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'd like to see Ealy get a shot, just based on his production with limited opportunities in preseason... but preseason is another animal. I'd be willing to bet he's got the skills to make an impact, but needs to refine some technique and to learn the system better. So I would be surprised if he just exploded if we stuck him in, but I'd still like to just see. What would it really hurt at this point?

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if he couldn't beat out some of the WR's we have he can't be that good

7. DJB

DJB Starter

Or if he was that good and isnt playing, the coaching staff wouldn't be that dumb.....or would they?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didnt mean for those videos to be impressive. Just showing the guy in action.
    I think people/coaches put far too much emphasis on route running and learning the playbook. Sure, players need to know blocking assignments, but sometimes, telling a guy to go out and get open and telling your qb to find him is your best bet. Playmakers are playmakers. They don't need dotted lines telling them what to do.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

see: Lamont Thompson

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not really, i think our coaching staff believes in seniority a little too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar