Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

ACL Injury Not Slowing Down Mettenberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan_Terry, May 17, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,969
    I'm excited about this guy. Always liked him. Was my #6 ranked QB ahead of Garappolo, McCarron & Savage to name a few.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,577
    I thought he was in there with those guys too. He never should have slid to the 6th, we lucked out.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,139
    :brow:

6th best QB? Too bad there are only ever 1-3 good QBs out of every draft.
    nickmsmith and TitanJeff high five this.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,414
    I liked mettenberger earlier in my scouts. At one point I tried using Brady as a similar prospect but Brady has better control of his pocket movement. I'm still happy about the 6th round.
  5. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,931
    I hate Savage I'm so glad Houston took him.

Was unaware pre draft ranking are gospel and if you don't get one of the top 3 you mine as well not even take one....
  6. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,919
    Your statement is typically true but the key is which 3. We might have chronologically chosen the 6th QB but that doesn't mean he can't be better than a good chunk of the guys selected ahead of him. I'd wager that he is.
  7. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,139
    Yes, I know. It was in responses to someone who had him ranked as the number 6 QB. Which implies there are give guys better which would mean there is next to no chance he will be any good. If ZM was his best or even third best QB it would be a better sign.

And I do think he is better than several selected ahead of him. My hope is that he is much better than all selected ahead of him. Especially Bortles.
    Titan43 high fives this.
  8. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,919
    Agreed.
  9. titansrule00000 Starter

Moolah:
    $2,148
    What im most excited about is we finally have real coaches to help develop these players! I didn't really want us to draft him, but I'm curious to see how Mettenberger does, especially since we got him in the 6th round cant lose much, but hopefully we won't need him to this season.
  10. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,969
    And I may be wrong about the guys I put ahead of him. Hopefully I am
    The Hammer high fives this.