Accusations against Texans are disturbing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<p><em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em></p> <p>If the Houston Texans conducted live blocking drills in practice during the offseason when they are not allowed, they were awfully stupid. Here's T.J. Quinn's <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3885900" target="_blank">story and a snippet of video</a>.</p> <p>How did the Texans expect not to get caught?</p> <p>And what message does it send to their players?</p> <p>If players blow the whistle, they're tainted in the organization's eyes for tattling. They shouldn't be in such a position. Once word is out like it is now, the team could lose out in two big ways if the accusations are confirmed:</p> <p>One, the league will slap the team with some sort of penalty -- it has to -- and Houston will likely lose minicamp time it really needs with a new defensive coordinator and two very good teams ahead of you to chase. Struggle at the start of the season again and we'll trace it back, at least in part, to that.</p> <p>Two, the team's reputation will be tainted to potential veteran players who may say, "Why do I want to go there when they don't abide by the rules?"</p> <p>Let's note team counsel said the information set forth is "inaccurate" and Gary Kubiak didn't return messages seeking a response.&nbsp;Grievances are pending and a lawsuit could be filed.</p> <p>The Texans should not hide behind legalese citing all that. It's time to have someone step forward and say something.</p> <p>The Texans are rumored to have not renewed the contracts of their strength coach and head trainer, in part, because of the team's injuries. If it turns out some of those injuries suffered in the offseason by offensive linemen were because of illegal drills, who loses his job for that?</p> <p>If it's all true, it's sure a disappointing story. I thought the Texans were smarter than this.</p>

More...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If they win the Super Bowl they will take their #1 pick..
    In other words, they won't be penalized.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I dont blame them for starting early, god knows they need all the practice time they can get before the season starts. You know your team is bad when you gotta start contact drills in the offseason:lol:

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is truly disturbing. an nfl team that has extra practice time can't win more than 8 games. disturbing indeed.

5. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

WoW !

Looks like there desperate... ! They may need some to them transformers on that clip, on there team to win..

6. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

You guys do realize that pretty much every team does this during mini camp right?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and the texans were dumb enough to get caught.

8. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Yes, they should have put metal detectors in....wand and pat every one that came through the door so no one could have snuck in the ability to secretly record a film session.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Sounds very NE - Patriot like .... just saying.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I hate to stand up for the Texans, but I saw the videos today; my high school team did the same type of stuff without pads. No big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar