Accountability an issue for Zach Brown?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 30, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No, I don't recall that at all. If he did, who cares. Luck has escaped from a lot of tackles in the backfield. Especially against us.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hopefully the multiple good veterans and coaching staff we have around him will get Brown going in the right direction. I'm still a fan, and have a ton of hope.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So game-losing missed tackles are ok as long as you knock out a few guys? I'll take the tackling machine who doesnt give up TD's and game changing first downs in the 2nd half to a scrambling QB. Griffin made him (Luck) look like Vick in his prime (running)!

Obviously you and I have very different ideas as to what constitutes an above average S. An above average S almost never misses a tackles, never dogs it on the field and never repeats the same mistake twice. While Griff is talented, he had some good games and some really bad ones. That is not an above average S in my book. For a vet player, that's a piece that needs upgrading!

I like Horton's attitude and Whisenhunt's focus on accountability. So hopefully this kickstarts Griff to living up to his potential and becoming the above average S he can be!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Who cares if Griffin had a bad game and couldn't tackle Andrew Luck multiple times? Those missed tackles could have been the difference in us winning or losing. You might recall we were WINNING those 2 games against the Division Winning Colts last year...

Who cares???

I DO!!!

If you want your team to WIN, you should care too!!!

And yes, I watched all of there games last year. And while I enjoyed the big hits, they don't make up for routine tackles a college player should make or his biting on play-action! He's been in the league long enough.

5. TitansWillWin2

He is very good at playing center field. He has never been a good tackler until last season.

6. TitansWillWin2

He wasn't the only one missing tackles in those games lmao.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Why do we keep saying Kendall was out there doing whatever the f*ck he wanted? This was addressed last season when Fitzpatick described Kendall's play as streetballer-ish. Kendall wasn't just doing whatever he wanted. He was GIVEN the freedom to run certain routes at certain depths depending on the coverage. The guy was pretty much just running a lot of option routes (which aren't at all uncommon).

The big difference is the staff TRUSTED Kendall's judgement and felt that giving him more freedom would help the team and they were clearly right because Kendall had a career year and got us a ton of first downs. Zach Brown was being a stubborn a-hole and decided he could do whatever he wanted, ignore his assignment, leave guys wide open, and then ***** about being called out on it.

No one ever gave him the green light to free lance, he took that upon himself.The two situations are totally incomparable, to even try is just being intellectually dishonest.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Because TWW2 is still sour about us never drafting his guys.

You know the types who quit on their teams and slap women around.

10. TitansWillWin2

Urban, even the coaches said Wright was given the freedom to do what he saw fit. There is nothing wrong with that. Brown wasn't even being used correctly and he knew it. The coaches didn't want to listen to him. Brown didn't really blow a lot of assignments, so idk what you're talking about. He also made some good plays when given the chance. Do I like his attitude? No. However I'm not going to hold that against him. He is still our best LB we have right now. IMO Ayers struggled the most last season and I'm a big fan of him as well. I just think he was used wrong as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar