Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Absent Players from OTAs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
    Chris Johnson, LenDale White, Tony Brown, and Stephen Tulloch are all absent from organized team activities.

However, CJ wasn't at these activities last year either. But he does want a new contact, which he deserves it. CJ wants to be paid the highest offensive player, which is stupid. Highest paid runningback... maybe, offensive player...no. Deserves a raise, make him top 3 highest paid RB so he'll be happy.

White, Brown, and Tulloch are RFA so no wonder their sitting out. Technically, they don't even know if their Titans. White I don't really care about. But Brown and Tulloch need to be re-signed, esp. Tulloch.

Here's the link:
    http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/...ce/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  2. AH3 Rookie

Moolah:
    $0
    Yes, for sure. Both of them. We should let Lendale sign somewhere else or trade him.
  3. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,197
    I'm not worried about White or Johnson but we need to get Brown and Tulloch in here.
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
    CJ won't miss games, the worst case scenario is he sits out a little at training camp. He just wants to get paid more than the 2.4 mil he gets now. He should be a top 5 highest paid RB.

Tulloch - He'll get resigned, needs about a 4+ year deal.

LenDale - I'd love for him to go, but I don't think anyone will give up a 2nd for his (what his tender is). Maybe a third. I thought Seahawks would be nice, with Pete in all, but they signed an ex-Titan in Ganther.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,668
    I'm cool with CJ making top 5 or even top 3 RB money.

But he better get that highest paid offensive player nonsense out of his head.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,506
    I'm guessing the RFAs won't be able to come to BSP until they sign their tenders.
  6. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,811
    the titans are kinda stupid right now. they need to take advantage of the no cap and give the guy a mad bonus and front load that in the first year.

by doing that he can be the most AFFORDABLE top 3 positional paid player ever - he could average even a 3-4M $ a year if terms are done correct.
  7. AH3 Rookie

Moolah:
    $0
    And he could "forget" that bonus in a few years when he's only making 3-4 M and watching other RBs get much bigger yearly salaries. In theory it's great, but I don't know how well it would work. Not to compare him to Haynesworth because they are different guys, but you can see the danger in giving a lot of guaranteed money up front.
  8. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $892
    CJs problem is the 30% rule regarding salaries. We can't "make it rain" on him, unless it's with a huuuuuge SB - and that's a bad idea.
  9. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    CJ is only as good as his legs. i wouldnt offer him big $ unless he could prove to stay healthy. I'd keep him for cheap another year, then gamble on his legs and money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.