About the TE position for the TiTans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Yeah, Troupe was an animal last season when Kinney went down. sike. Your better than that Starkiller. :yes:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dangermode get real..

We are going to pay big money for a TE who has averaged 20 catches a season? Bullcrap. He isn't any better than what we have.

The only issue at hand is contracts in which both sciafe and troupe are restricted free agents in 2008 but i would rather get a long term deal with scaife than sign someone else..

Everyone is looking at our cap surplus like it's a bottomless well and we can pay big money to even players that are not essential. Not true. we need to get some of our own players inked and then maybe get long term deals for some guys like sciafe who have contracts that run out in 2008.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

RollTide read between the lines..

I think Dangermode was being sarcastic.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

While we're on the subject of TE's.....did the Titans ever give an explanation as to Troupe's season-ending injury? They said he injured his foot while making the TD catch in Philly, but he wasn't even limping when he came off the field, and played the rest of the game.....but then they IR'ed him the following Monday. It just struck me as a bit odd.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

Maybe a Day 2 Draft pick. If the right value is there. We need a WR more than we do TE at this point. Or atleast a consitent WR.

6. smili

smili Starter

We've got 11 picks, so a day 2 TE pick wouldn't surprise me. We've had luck with TE. We've cut TE from the team that are probably good enough to consider for #3 (Blakely, Gunther) and we do have to plan ahead for Kinney replacement given his knee status. It's not an immediate need, but longer term need that probably warrants a draft pick. We can probably do OK via free agency, but I can see grabbing a TE they like in late rounds too.

You draft folks who have a chance to make the team, and I can see a #3 TE draft pick having a good chance of making the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar