About the TE position for the TiTans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

With several injuries this year with Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe, and Bo Scaife. Is this a position you would like to see addressed through the draft or free agency. The injury to Kinney(big f850 is my nick name for hi) to his knee looks like it could be a career ending one who are some names out there that could be or you would like to see wearing two-tone blue.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I honestly think I'd be comfortable going into the season with Troupe and Shaife as #1 and 2, if anyone has a different view feel free to convince me otherwise, but I don't see those two as bad options.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Judging by a previous thread about Tony Gonzalez, very few people here feel any need for TE improvement.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2nd day draft pick (thinkin mid 5th)
    see no need to go after a FA
    but curious to know if Chow could convert Mike Williams into a TE

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah. Wasted pick/money. Tight Ends come a dime a dozen anyway, so if we find out that there is an actual need for one, we can pick one up at a local bus stop or something.
    Think we're set at the position though.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:ha: Was that a joke? "cause I was thinking that if a coach won't convert him to TE, his diet will...

7. Nine

Nine Starter

Titans have a pretty serious need for a TE...it's probably their single biggest need on the offensive side of the ball, moreso even than WR.

Troupe has been inconsistent, and neither Troupe nor Scaife is a particularly good blocker. There are also depth concerns....in the latter part of 2006, there were time when the #1 TE was a midseason waiver wire pickup. The team would benefit enormously by having a solid, dependable presence at TE....the new Frank Wycheck.

A good TE can compensate for a mediocre WR corps, and picking up a TE via draft or free agency is less risky than picking up a WR....a WR who's great in one system may or may not work in another, but a good TE can generally switch teams without a problem.

Expect the Titans to be one of the prime suitors for Daniel Graham's services in free agency.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I doubt we look to spend much money on a TE. I can see us picking one in the draft in day two. The biggest problem is keeping these guys healthy, not their level of talent. IMO Troupe could have really helped last year had he not been hurt and Scaife looks like an above average TE. Hartsock is a very good blocking TE. A guy like Graham wouldn't help much IMO and is not worth the money. He isn't any better than Scaife.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm really up in the air about this topic..At times I feel we should invest in Graham or go for a TE maybe in the 3rd...but then at times I feel fine with Troupe, Scaife and Hartsock.

I like the Texas to Texas connection of Young to Scaife. If Troupe can become more consistent I think we will be fine.

I don't think that TE is more of a need then WR.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No new TEs..

I bet we don't draft even one. Maybe in day 2 but not because they are looking for one but because they see value there.

Any new TEs appearing in camp will be UDFA or guys who have been cut from other teams like a hartsock. I think kinney is done here given his age, injury and salary. We'll find a servicable #3 from the scrap heap or the undrafted if hatsock isn't the one.. Troupe and scaife can battle for the top job..

TEs are less important now that we have a solid FB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar