ABC Refused to Air Clean Energy Ad - Speak Out!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GTFO my pancakz, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

If we got rid of "Big Oil", will we still be *****ing about "Big Solar", and "Big Windmill" companies screwing us all and destroying the environment by disrupting the jet stream and collecting too much solar energy resulting in a "Global Cooling" crisis??

3. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Simply put, No. Why? Because it's all natural. The world made it millions of years w/o humans and it will continue to prosper as long as we treat it with respect. Just be a smarter person, a smarter civilization, and care more about the things you take advantage of in our everyday lives.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

the lights you use in your home is already powered by nature. somewhere in your city, a damn is producing the cities energy.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Here on Maui, coal is burned to produce electricity. This is frustrating because the fuel costs of transporting the coal to the island is more than the price of kilowatt usage... thus a $120 power bill has turned to $370 :eek:

We have a wind farm which produces roughly 10% of the power used... pretty decent... but the bills haven't reflected any savings yet. Many new homes also use photovoltaic systems (that's 'solar power' for those of you in Murfreesboro), even though the homeowners associations hate them*

[*Big ups to Hawai'i's legislators: The HOAs tried to ban solar panels, and the state stepped in and told them to go **** themselves, as utilities are under the jurisdiction of the state and not any private developer. I love it when the gummint does something right for a change.]

Coming soon- brought to us by our fine friends from Down Under- wave power! There's gonna be two wave power generators off the north coast of Maui that (IIRC) should provide 2.7 megawatts each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_power

And how many of you checked out the T. Boone Pickens website after the Prez debates? We could use a few more signatures at www.pickensplan.com.

In the meantime, the gasoline industry is a red herring in the 'fight against big oil'. Our dependance upon 'big oil' also rests in the hands of those who make and use plastic products. Have you bought your re-usable grocery bags yet?
    Have you written your video game companies and told them that their plastic boxes are completely unnecessary?
    Have you ever heard of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch? Did you know it's in YOUR favorite ocean, too?
    Have you noticed how hard it is to open a candy bar or bag of chips?
    Have you ever wondered why we don't hear the deafening call to recycle any more, like we did in the early 90's? And why does it seem like plastic packaging got both stronger and more prevalent since the call stopped?

More importantly: Do you REALLY think that Russia and China are gonna sit by idly while we try to gain strategic control of OPEC countries?... especially as their energy needs increase alongside our debt?

Some of you reading this are half my age.... you'd be surprised to see what 20 years can do to a planet's ecology and political structure. You better step up and lead where we failed or else it's curtains for you and yours.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar