Aaron Rodgers or VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 23, 2010.

?

Who would you rather have?

1. Aaron Rodgers

120 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Vince Young

16 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Thanks for all the backup guys. Just hadda proove a point to the guy who thought VY is better than AR.
  2. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

They both are the same for me. What has AR done that Vince Hasn't? Besides padding stats of course. Also they both run 2 different offenses in which 1 runs a run heavy game managing offense while the other runs a balanced to pass heavy offense? So that is not a fair analysis of these two. The results would be different if the two QB's would switch places.

Though I guess I would pick AR right now..
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Aaron Rogers has missed ONE GAME since he became the starter and that was last week.
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

Every year as a starter, he has posted over a 90 passer rating, overall, he has an 82-31 TD/INT ratio. One playoff win.
    Overall Rating (Inc. years as backup) 97.6

Versus

42-42 TD/INT ratio for VY. Zero Playoff wins. Overall rating, 75.7. Five seasons, 1380 yards rushing.

It doesn't matter what sort of Offense it is, VY is dead even INT-to-TDs.

He is the definition of average. Average QBs don't often do great things.

Any doubt?
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

oof!
  6. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

I do believe it matters what kind of offense you run. Fisher's offense is not tailored to any QB having great stats. His offense requires the QB just to not make a mistake so of course QB's stats are not going to be great.

Dam It i just want a "Greatest Show on Turf" Offense and we are not getting that with Fisher at the helm. The sad thing is we have the talent on Offense to do it.
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

I would like that too, I agree with you that Fisher's QBs in the system may not pass for a lot of TDs, but the even TD to INT ratio is troubling, no matter what kind of system.
  8. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

to be fair nicksmith his TD-INT looks bad from his first 2 seasons. in the last 2 seasons he has a 2-1 TD-INT ratio.
  9. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

You have to look at it this way. His First two years playing is where he got most of his INT. What QB does good in their first 2 years? In the last two years that ratio of TD's to INT is different as his TD's are greater than his INT. He needs to play a full season without Fisher pulling him every chance/reason he gets. To better analyze this.
  10. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

Beat me to it. LOL :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.