A wee lil Titans mock....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah it's way early. Yeah a lot can happen in FA. Yeah the Jr's can change things a ton. Yeah we don't even know where we'll pick. But this is just for fun, and for the hell of it :yes: Not much to do while you're home from work because of an injury.

First, I'll say I hope we resign Al, Starks, Odom, Bell, Hall, Hartsock, Gage, Bironas....and that's all I can think of off the top of my head (and iirc the FA list). Of course we can sign some guys too (Turner, LJ Smith for example), but I won't make any assumptions outside current Titans here.

1. TE, Fred Davis - WR or TE looks good here. Maybe WR is more loaded, and a guy could fall to the 2nd round.

2. WR, Adarius Bowman - Let's say some of those Jr WR's come out (some surely will). Maybe wishful thinking he falls this far, but lots of guys fall. Limas Sweed could be the guy here too.

3. DE, Wallace Gillberry - Strong DE who can play some DT too. I think he could be a better starter than Odom.

4. CB, Charles Godfrey - don't know much about the CB other than he's supposed to be fast and have safety size. Maybe he goes higher than this after the combine and workouts.

5. RB, Cory Boyd - Maybe we sign Turner, or resign Brown. If we're left with just LW and CH, we'll get another guy somehow. I just like this guy.

6. OLB, Curtis Gatewood - OLB from Vandy...well he's a DE now, but is more LB size and is a good athlete. Has played OLB before, and hopefully the scouts could see him doing it again.

7. FS, Joe Fields - won't take much to replace Nickey imo. This guy played QB, now is a FS. Maybe he has a upperhand in being a FS after being a QB.

Now do we have any different picks this year that I don't remember? Like traded late rounders that are easily forgotten?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Fred Davis looked like a very good TE tonight. We have the USC connection....hook it up MR/Fish/Chow :grrhee:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's on Todd McShay's rising senior list:

2. Fred Davis, TE, USC
    Now that former USC WRs Dwayne Jarrett (Panthers) and Steve Smith (Giants) are playing on Sundays, Davis has gone from afterthought to go-to-guy in the Trojans' passing attack. The senior tight end currently leads the Trojans with 538 receiving yards and five touchdown receptions through seven games. That's 186 more yards and two more scores than he had in 13 games last season. Davis is a bit undersized at 6-4, 245 pounds, but he has the frame to add some bulk and he shows good toughness as a run blocker. Most importantly, Davis shows the playing speed, athleticism and reliable hands to become a difference-maker in the passing game in the NFL. That's why his stock is soaring into the second-round range right now.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Heck if he could be had in the 2nd, that'd be great.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M (6'7 250)

Bennett is a nightmare matchup because of his combination of physical skills. His combination of size and athleticism is fantastic. He has excellent height and has the quickness to get open and the body control to use his body to go up and get the football. He could be a major threat in the red zone in the NFL. Bennett has the talent to become a Top 10 pick at tight end. He could be a real difference maker as a receiver. He is only a junior, but another standout season could help push him to the front in a solid tight end class.

Maybe this freak comes out early...

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Haven't had a chance to see him yet, missed out on seeing him tonight when they played Texas. I think Missouri plays tomorrow, and they have a good prospect.

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yea they've got Martin Rucker, 6'4" 230ish, he's got great speed and runs good routes along with a pretty good blocker. Also on Mizzou, Chase Kaufman bout the same size, he's pretty solid, but not as good as you'd get early, he'd be a pretty good sleeper. And i agree with Bennett, im really thinking if he comes out and we can get him we need to do so. Possibly the next Gates, if he has the right coaching.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

way too early to be doing this guys...

i cant stand mocks....

even the final pre-draft mocks from all em sport analysts are more often than not just flat out wrong

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thanks for your support.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Fred Davis looked awesome on Thursday night against ASU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar