A valid......"What If?"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I drank the koolaid supplied by BiPolar and started thinking.....
    The 2006 season starts with Volek as our starter. What happens in 2007 if Volek takes the Titans to the playoffs in 2006?
    That would just increase Voleks trade value.
    Sign Volek to a new contract.
    Competition between Young & Volek in 2007 mini camps. A proven vet vs. an unproven 2nd year player.
    Or, if Volek can do it, so can Young. Dump Volek

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Sounds like Ryan Leaf to me w/ out the terrible preceding career. Though Volek has only won 2 games he has started.

A few years back everyone wanted Volek and he and the Titans wanted him to stay. He had a legitimate chance to be a starter somewhere and chose not to be. It was ok when O'Donnell did it but he was also 65 when he made the choice to stay.

One of the reasons I have issues with Volek is stuff like that. No desire to be #1 no drive. Without "it" even if we go to the playoffs we will be dismantled.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

It will be a successful yr if we make the playoffs.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Shoot yeah, I'd sell my soul for a one and done playoff appearance this year.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if your going sell your soul at least make it for a Super Bowl win :))

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Hahaha. Just remember now, we're talking about a team that had 4 wins last year and picked 3rd overall in the draft. Also, you haven't seen my soul lately, it's not worth much :ha:

7. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

That may be true but as Fisher has said recently alot of the games we played were lost by missed oppertunites of 2 or 3 plays in 5-6 games, if those plays are made we're a 50/50 team with rookies and a dismantled team, I believe we've made huge strides since last year just with our FA pick-ups and drafts, I believe Volek has a chance to prove himself, Lets hope he does it... I would love to see it.. I would also love to see steve play out his career here.. I just want it whatever the outcome is and who our starter is to get figured out.. so everyone can move forward and we can focus on Camp and building this team back to what we are.. teams don't just completely fall apart in a matter of 1 or 2 seasons. Every teams has it's lulls and thats what the past two years have been.. we'll get it back and be a better team for it..-
    They will remember the Titans

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, that explains the IRS disclaimers in your e-mails....

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

is it me or does Bipolar have a picture for every occassion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar