A trade with Washington?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'd disagree...

Williams went first overall for four reasons...

1 - Excellent size/strength/speed ratio - you rarely see in a DL (think a faster Kevin Carter).

2 - On field performance - When he was on, he was nearly unblockable. Problem was...he wasn't always on. Disappeared too much in games...but the upside was demonstrated (along with the downside I'd agrue, but they didn't ask me).

3 - Contract - Bush was asking for the moon (QB money for a RB AND a significant boost in money from last year's 1st overall).

4 - Need - Houston thought Damis was a good back but they had HUGE holes at OL and DL. Bush was somewhat redundant but Williams was not. Plus, defense wins championships...

Gut

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

From what I remember he got his sacks in college against scrub teams.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I don't know if I'd go that far...but combine some of that with his up and down motor and I don't know how you take him #1.

And like Carriker this year, guys who don't really dominate in college (despite awesome zie/strength/speed ratios) rarely suddenly dominate in the NFL.

Worse still for Mario is they put him at DE in a 3-4 D where he's never gonna get 10 sacks and he'll ALWAYS lose in a comparison to Bush (who'll get big stats).

Of course, I think Bush is the better player anyway...

Gut

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Does anyone think that We would be able to trade up with Washington for a little less than the value of the pick? Maybe a First, Third and Fourth..... they really have their hands tied this year with only a couple of picks and maybe we can use that as leverage... Even throw in a player or two (LT, Nickey, Waddel, Sirmon, Hill)

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

???

NO WAY would they drop 13 spots for LESS!

There are probably about 14 excellent players in this draft. Dropping to 19 drops them out of that group. And you think they'd do it for LESS???

Wash needs DL help badly. At 6, they'll get it UNLESS Branch and Adams are both gone in the first 5 picks...meaning only JR, JT, and CJ. That is unlikely. More likely is Adams still being there and him being exactly who they want.

If anything, WASH probably would want MORE since we'd be taking away the player they want.

Only scenario this makes sense is if they don't like Jamaal and the other 2 are gone. However, do they like Okoye?

They still would want a lot.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar