A Somewhat revealing stat on Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Cook's just as fast as Britt, has good hands and is nimble. Hawkins and D-Will are limited to what they can do and aren't gonna scare anyone.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I don't think that Cook is nearly as fast as Britt, but I do think Cook and DWill are going to surprise some people with the opportunities that are coming their way the next few weeks.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think Britt may be faster on the field, but Cook is faster on paper. He ran a 4.4 at the combine and supposedly ran a 4.3 at South Carolina.

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Running a 40 in workout gear on turf in a dome, is much different than running in a game with full pads.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

That is why I noted the difference. We really have no way measure the speed on the field.

The bottom line is that Cook is fast enough to be an NFL wide receiver.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Bunch of reasons...

-Wide Receiver and Tight End aren't that similar that you can just switch to the position and be effective. Can you think of anyone who's made the transition successfully?

-He looks like a terrible route runner

-He's played his whole life at TE and sucks at that position, how can you expect him to just "switch" to WR and be effective?

-His can't block and I don't really want a non-blocking WR on the field

-His body type is nothing of a WR's IMO...

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I believe Britt ran a 4.48 official at the Combine and Cook ran a 4.5 at 2 inches taller and 28 lbs officially heavier. I may be wrong, but I'm not looking that up. We thought when drafted that Cook could be kind of a Britt-type receiver if needed or if logical. He had one of those camps-to-end-all-camps for a while as a rookie like Marc Mariani did. Now it's time to see if they can turn that talent into production for the team.

I expect it's time we'll see what we really have in these young guys. If Nate Washington's looking as good as he is, part of me wondering if this isn't the tip of the iceberg. Let's hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar