A Somewhat revealing stat on Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I went back and watched every offensive play of today's game and broke down the offenses stats with and without Cook.

Of the 22 run plays, Cook was on the field twice. One run was for minus 3 and the other minus 1 yard.

How does another team not watch the tape and just play the pass every time Cook is on the field? Are our coaches aware of the discrepancy?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

wow thats dumb lol. I hope that was only today and wasn't happening all year or we might have a mentally retarded coaching staff.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well, this would support the case to give him a try at WR with Britt out. Hopefully he blocks ok for a WR???

What about what he was doing with coverage? I think you were there....was he getting open and not getting looks, or just not getting open?

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I've got the other two games DVR'd as well, I'm like you though, I assume it's a one game thing.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This could just be the fact that Cook is not involved in the O period....whats the passing downs look like?'

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I really can't say Cheese, he looked like a decoy a lot the way his routes where designed. He was spread out on at least 4-5 plays though.

He was on the field for 26 of HBeck's 36 pass attempts so he's being used but pretty much not at all on designed run plays.

IMO, it says he really struggles to run block.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

after Stevens and Graham stepped up, I don't think Cook will be getting much PT in the coming weeks.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I wouldn't call Graham's TD catch, exactly 'stepping up'.. It was a pretty easy catch...I was wondering why they didn't let Cook run that route, but that would have tipped our hand (that the play was a pass).

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

He'll be out there a lot with Britt missing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If they are running it with him in, then they are not throwing it to him, so why would the D watch for the pass.. ? He was in twice, and they ran both times, am I missing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar