A-Roid deserves

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Sosa and McGwire werent involved with BALCO. You are still looking at this from a congressional standpoint. Bonds was not called in front of congress, and Sosa, McGwire, and Clemens had nothing to do with BALCO.

Again, Bonds wasnt the only player subpoenaed in the BALCO ordeal. Jason Giambi admitted he took steroids to the grand jury. Bill Romanowski and several football players were called. Marion Jones was stripped of her medals and served time in prison due to her BALCO testimony and lies. So, how is it that somehow Bonds is being singled out? I am not getting that at all.

Bonds also isnt part of the players union, which is why he might not be getting as much support from the union as other players. That is Bonds fault and his own mistake for not joining the union.

The league kind of taking a blind eye to steroids is a legit argument, but it is a separate issue. BALCO was basically a highly sophisticated drug ring, that has nothing to do with MLB. Bonds, Giambi, etc, were called upon to try and bring down the the higher up people of BALCO. Bonds, by allegedly perjuring himself, brought on his own problems in that regard. He gets no sympathy from me.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not in the union? I like him even more now. :)lol:)

I wasn't aware of the other information. That makes good sense.

Bonds doesn't get any sympathy from me, I just don't like him suffering more consequences from his steroid use.

And in regards to the perjury charge: They knew that Bonds did not perjure himself with his statements- he was well coached by his attorneys when he said "knowingly" in his affadavits and testimony. The Feds piled on those other 14 or so charges to pressure him into recanting or confessing. Those other charges are getting tossed out because they weren't founded to begin with. Government agencies can gum up your life pretty good with the beauracracy and you have spend your time, money and energy to clear things up.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I enjoyed baseball as a little kid, but man, TJ is right, who cares anymore? I can't get into it anymore. I agree that I would like everyone to be punished/scrutinized equally.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I hear a lot of double talk coming out of A-Rod right now. But no details. Dude is lying his arse off. If you want to come clean tell it all friend. Tell it all. Don't pretend or hide. It will come back to bite you. He thinks he can protect his people ("the cousin"), his records, his image, but you can't save yourself unless you tell it all. He's not ready to make good yet. He's just putting on a show. But reporters are smart. They will dig it out of him or make him look silly when he doesn't come forward. You want to protect kids, tell us how you got it, how you did it, who else do you know, and let's dig out this thing some more.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And his cousin lives in miami, the same place where Canseco said he intro'd A-rod to roids. To me, the dots are being connected.

6. life long rangers fan here.

7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

so the attention whore needs surgery on his hip now, no doubt that it stems from having "booster injections" ... the jig is up A-Fraud

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What about message board posters who are juiced? I have suspected riverman for a long time.

What about A-roid playing for the Dominican republic in the world cup of baseball? He probably will not play because of the hip but the POS was born in New York! Why would you want to play against your own country in an international sports event? He's just a moron!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar