a Ricky Williams thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

But stealing cars doesn't impede your playing ability either right? But it's illegal. It's not a matter of performance enhancement (we can get into that too, and I'll rip Shawne Merriman to SHREDS) it's about breaking the law.

If one of us gets caught with weed, or fails a drug test, we lose our job or go to jail. Ricky gets 30 chances because he's an athlete. Why do you guys condone this inequality?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If he gets reinstated and doesn't smoke anymore, then he's worth a look, plain and simple.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

To quote Mr. Garrison from the first season of South Park, "We treat star athletes better because they are better people."

This is only a joke of course; however, our society has often cut these people slack historically. In fact, it is only recently that the lease has been tightened and local police stopped looking the other way...

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm watching Ricky on Total Access right now. TD is interviewing him. He says people don't consider why people turn to drugs. Said if he had to answer for everyone, the probable answer would be "stress." Said if you learn how to deal with the stress, the need for the drugs goes away. TD point blank asked him if he still smoked. Not that he would say "yes" if he did, but he said no. He teaches yoga in California and lives with his family. You guys know the dreads are gone now, right? So's the beard. Totally cleanshaven.

He's had it harder than most NFL players. Hope he gets it right if given another chance. Good interview if anyone gets a chance to see it.

5. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

I'd party with Ricky, but at this point in his career, I wouldn't pay him very much money at all to run the football for me. And that's a dern shame too, because he used to be so much fun to watch.

I think it all comes down to heart and his just isn't in it anymore.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it's a personal opinion on drugs, or in this particular case pot. As far as pot goes, in my opinion, I don't condone this inequality. If someone can do his or her job, whatever it is, and happens to smoke weed during non-working hours, I think it's ridiculous that he or she would be fired for it. I'm sure many people disagree with that, however.

But as you stated in a previous post, this is the law, and it is what it is. Ricky clearly was consistently breaking the law, whether or not anyone here agrees with that law.

As a Titans fan, I'd be happy if we gave Ricky a shot. I respected his interview with TD, thought it was great. I'm pulling for him to do well, and in the interview he says how he is at peace, and he believes he can now handle the NFL pressures. TD and Marshall Faulk also stated how some time off for a RB to recover could be very beneficial.

Nashville would be much better for Ricky than Miami, or New York, Chicago, any big market city. I think his calming attitude might be a nice change from our current thug image, which really hasn't been working for the Titans.

Call me a fool if you want, but his Yoga could really help his running game. He'll be more flexible, less likely to be injured.

And the fool comments begin....

(Oh, I do disagree with TD that Ricky could somehow comeback and have a 1600 yard season again this year. But I still think he could be very servicable in a RBBC.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar