A quieted FA stance by the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He would obviously be the 2nd-stringer for at least this year.

And if you can name a player we can draft in the 3rd round that would be of more value to our team in the near or long term, I would be happy to rethink it.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to be in the top 10 drafting next year. If you think Steve will be healthy the whole year or that a rookie qb will be ready to step in, then you're probably kidding yourself.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

For the past 3 years, McNair has been out with some sort of injury forcing us to use back-ups. Johnson looked good a couple of years ago and so did Volek, but things have changed. Keeping McNair, (One-Hit-Away-From-Retirement), without a quality back-up is going to screw up any chance of an 8-8 season if Steve can not stay healthy.
    If we draft a QB, I don't see the Titans carrying 4 QBs on the roster. Mauck will have to be let go. If Volek leaves/gets traded, then another vet will have to be signed for a year or so.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

As gay as I think Jeff Garcia is... I think I'd take him over Volek.
    I dunno. I'm kinda whimsical... Where McNair may be a hit away from retirement... Volek sometimes seems to be a hit away from a rehabiltation hospital. Then again... I may just be a hater.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

has Greisen signed with anyone yet??

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

No he hasn't.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302038

this guy? Might be a guy to look at.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12409

or this dude?:hmm:

is this about FA $ for D if McNair is cut or dealt or a vet QB?
    hey Ewker, just to gauge the contempt...j/k
    who you like...Griese or McNair... ?

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060330/SPORTS01/603300412/1328/SPORTS

check this out...^

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

same report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar