A Question about Vince

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jivetalkinfool, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jivetalkinfool

jivetalkinfool Camp Fodder

Not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything, but why the love affair with him? I keep hearing from all the football "experts" that Leinart is the way to go, but everyone in hear is on the Vince Young bandwagon. I think they will both be good, but for some reason I'm thinking Leinart might be the smart move. Pocket passers win Superbowls.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Not all of us are Young bandwagoneers, just the more vocal ones.
    Young had a good year winning a National Title, vs Leinarts winning of 2 National Titles.
    Let's not forget Leinarts Heisman.
    Leinart was 'our guy' for a long time until the Trojans lost the Rose Bowl. Then, overnight, a bunch changed over to Young. Prior to his TEAM winning the Rose Bowl, not much was mentioned here on this board about Young.
    I think Young is a project, probably 2 years. Leinart could be ready sooner. I think Leinart is better overall than Young.
    We'll all know who is better, but not for atleast 2-3 years down the road. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Leinart and Young outdone by some guy picked up undrafted from some little unknown college.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Leinart wasnt our guy until the saints signed Brees, and even now Im not sure he is our guy. I think they both have question marks and it depends on this Mcnair situation. If Mcnair is back I would like to see us go Young since we can allow him to sit a couple of years. If Mcnair isnt back, then I think we almost have to take Leinart since he will be ready to play a lot sooner than Vince. But overall, I think Vince is going to be the better of the 2 down the road.

4. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

I would rather take Leinart than Young personally. But just you wait, as soon as we pick Matt, you'll hear how great Young is and we chose the wrong quaterback from every media outlet in the world. That's what the new sports talk ravaged world has brought us.

5. well if there is a way to screw up this draft the titans would do it and the way to do that is to take leinart, but to someone above most of us were fans of vince young before the rose bowl...

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I hope we do get Young, but I have to say, I'm glad Leinart sounded so positive after yesterday's visit. I will be far less concerned now if we get him. Still disappointed, but I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get over it. There are a lot of positives to both those guys.

Now don't let me get started on Cutler. J/K, but I do get the sense that Cutler is a notch below. I think he'll be solid, but all the Favre comparisons lead me to believe there'll come a season when he's throwing mad picks per season as well. I think Vince and Matt have cooler heads than Jay. That's what it comes down to there for me.

And remember, fitantitans, Young wasn't an option until after the Rose Bowl. He hadn't declared yet for the draft.

7. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

You beat me to it.
    Also, lots of folks had limited exposure to young prior to the Rosebowl, or discounted it to the fact they were playing a weak Big 12 team.

I think YOUNG gets bashed more than he recieves love. Bottom Line no-one knows how any player is gonna turn out. No One can question the fact that YOUNG has a world of potential though (I think he gets bashed because, his upside appears to good to be true.)

And the notion that Lienart will be ready, before Vince, remains to be seen, the last time I saw Matt play, he ended up putting three passes in the Longhorns Players hands. Its popular to rate Vince based on what he will not be able to do against NFL D's. And what Matt did in the Rosebowl, would have ended up being 3 picks, instead of just 1.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that'll happen throughout their careers

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

screw both leinart and young, draft cutler.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think Vince will end up being better, but no way Vince is better prepared to play this season. Matt is extremely intelligent with extremely good mechanics and fundamentals, the only real questions are his arm strength, lack of mobility, and durability. Vince has too much work to do on his mechanics, and learning a pro style offense, learning when to run and when not to run, etc to be ahead of Leinart at this point and time. But, QBs arent drafted as a quick fix, and in 3-4 years I dont think Leinart will be in the same league as Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar