A post not about Pacman. Drew v. Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 25, 2007.

?
  1. Keep Drew, let Wade go.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Keep Wade, let Drew go.

22 vote(s)
    53.7%
  3. Try to keep both.

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Neither are that important.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gotitans..

What is average #2 money? He has said he was looking for a deal in the ball park of what givens got last year. Givens signed for 5 years $24M.

The point is who do we replace him with? Are we going to pay stallworth even more?

Again i ask anyone to come up with a better option for the money than trying to keep both those guys.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And let's spend 25% of our cap on the WR position including an injured player, a inconsistent #2 and potentially first round draft pick.

Yeah REAL intelligent :rolleyes:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Free agent WRs..

Production last 3 years and career ypc..

Donte stallworth 166 catches....2537 yards...ypc..15.1

Ashley lelie......124 catches...2184 yards....ypc 17.5

Kelley washington....50 catches...595 yards...12.4 ypc

Bobby wade......89 catches...1062 yards...11.9 yards

Kevin Curtis.....132 catches.....1701 yards...12.4 ypc

Drew Bennett......184 catches...2722 yards...14.8 ypc..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny math..?

Approx cap hit if wade and bennett are both signed..

Bennett-$6M
    Givens---$5M
    wade----$2.5M
    Jones--$600K
    Roby--$600K
    Williams-$500K
    Orr--$450k

By my calulations that adds up to $15.65M about 14% of the cap. Pretty much in line with that position isn't it? we can't do anything about given's dead money unless we dump him. Are you advocating dumping givens? are you advocating we just suck at WR for 2007?

With jones-williams-roby all signed through 2008 and bennett and wade with new long term deals why in the hell would we draft a Wr in the first rd? We wouldn't! Any rookie WR picks would fight for a job with those other guys.

I predicted that among williams-roby-orr 2 might get cut in 07. The new money replaces their money. At the most we committ maybe $18M of the cap on that position.

How about kelley washington for our #2 WR? Yeah!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh gunny,,

Which free agent WR you want in bennett's place? They won't play for peanuts either and most of them have hands problems.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

None.

We don't need him, he isn't that good.

We are most likely going to draft a WR early and we need to see what Roby, Williams, Orr can do.

And why do we automatically suck at WR if Bennett is gone? We saw what Mason could do when injuries forced him into the lineup.

But no you're right, replacing a 700 yard a season WR is truly a difficult task.

:rolleyes:

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

How about Joe Horn after he gets waived? Okay probably a bad idea due to his hamstring injuries, but I'm sure they'll be quite a few veteren wideouts coming available between now and July. I just question Bennett's competitive fire and I hate giving easy going guys like that long term deals.

I wanted him last season instead of Givens and I still want him now... my hope is that Keyshawn Johnson gets dumped by the Panthers. To me he brings a lot to the table that the Titans receivers lack; Fiery competitor, great route runner, solid hands... he'd be a great go-to guy for Vince.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That would actually work really well, Keyshawn is a great possession reciever, which is what we need if we're going to keep our defense off the field (which was a major issue last season, we were 29th in 3rd down conversion %)

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah that's real smart...

How dumb is that? Anyone with a brain knows you can't expect a rookie to step in and play well. And what have we seen from roby and williams that we can expect them to step up? The 6 catches they gave us? Are you that far removed from reality?

Williams, orr and roby will be fortunate to make the team.

So don't keep some of our better players be FORCED to draft a WR early instead of improving our defense..

And no 700 yard WR are not easy to replace. Not this year but that is too obvious for some people.. :rolleyes:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why not? Colston did it. Clayton did it. Boldin did it.
    And we only need half the production they did.

Mason gave us 8 catches before giving 895, 1128, 1012, 1303, 1168, 1073

You are the one who wants to over pay for an inconsistent, 700 yard a season WR.

Based on what? The plethora of WRs we have coming in?

So don't keep some of our better players be FORCED to draft a WR early instead of improving our defense..

You keep living with mediocrity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar