A place to post funny things you come across on the web

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jan 9, 2006.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That clip is great for so many reasons.

First Campbell is slowed down in the backfield by the DE
    then he knocks down that LB
    then 2 other defenders just miss him entirely
    then he stiff arms the Safety while holding the football like an ice cream cone
    then it takes all 3 remaining defenders on that side of the field to rip his cloths off and bring him down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Encompass the greatness that was Earl. Greatest player in franchise history.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Sometimes I wish I could have been an Oilers fan. Then I remember they are a texico team, and that means I don't give one f*ck.

4. The Hammer

There were some heart-breakers back in the day too. Some really bad ones. 3 years in a row we lost in the playoffs to a major comeback. Including the biggest comeback ever. It was a roller coaster that is for sure.

5. Titans Eternal

How old are you? You were originally an Oiler fan? Ever get to see'em in person?

6. The Hammer

35 and yes. Well, was a Warren Moon fan. Started a little after Campbell. They were throwing the ball all over the place in the late 80s/early 90s. 400 yard game was nothing to see. And some sick defensive players to boot. Like Ray Childress, Chris Dishman, William "The Fuller Rush Man" Fuller, Al Smith, Sean Jones.

7. Titans Eternal

Wtf man, you didn't mention white shoes johnson?

8. The Hammer

Ernest Givens was supposed to be the second coming of Billy White Shoes. . . . . . Did not quite work out that way. But he was good.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have.

10. The Hammer

A good reason not to hang glide:

The guy's description:

I was towing and I'd attached the link to the tow line incorrectly. It couldn't release. At 1,000' I realized I was in trouble, couldn't fix it, was descending at 3000' per minute, and tossed my parachute. 11 seconds after my parachute was full, I was on the ground. More excitement than I need, I can assure you.

1:09 I release my auto-release. That allows me to get somewhat higher without it disconnecting the tow.

1:24
    you can see me try to release the tow, and nothing happens, even after several tries.

1:30 in, I know I'm in trouble. I kicked my feet out of the harness to indicate that I had a problem. (But they already knew that.)

1:40, you can see the tow line, nearly straight down, over the base tube, starting to put pressure to dive.

1:50, I start fishing, with one hand, for my parachute. That didn't work.

2:00, I begin to use both hands, and at 2:10, the parachute is finally out. The video shows that 'chute waving around, but it's still. The glider and I are doing the waving. That's obvious if you see the shadows on the glider wing.

2:19, you can see the glider shudder. That's the tow line being cut on the hose clamp that holds the wheel in place.

2:23 I'm on the ground.

If you look at the angle of the glider with the horizon, at around 1:40 and compare that with the angle at 1:54, you can see that I'm headed nearly straight down. On the ground, thinking, "Hey, I'm down, alive, and I don't hurt. Amazing."

At the top of my flight, I was dragging about a mile of tow line behind me. Harold had released the power to both winch drums, and watched the line scream off both drums at a rate he'd never seen, or heard, before. He was pretty much terrified. "I'm really sorry Harold."

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar