A new strategy, trade down!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

But yet people are wanting to recoup the pick that we lost in the Travis Henry trade.
    More picks could fill the holes quicker and get us back in contention, that said, I still want Vince Young if possible

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you can have another 3rd rounder

but I don't think this is the year to pull in a dozen picks

what we need is for Reese to go and sign us some FA's like KVB

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm all for quality over quanity. Especially when you get past the 4th round you really have almost as much chance of finding a gem, a guy who can start down the road in UDFA. What really comes into play is how Reese and the FO view this draft particularly the level of talent at those postions of need. This draft is supposed to be strong at LB which is a need. Grabbing a few extra picks to tap into that talent pool might not be a bad idea. The other issue is the pool of FAs at those postions and what we can afford. If there are a few guys we think we could go get in FA that might reduce the desire to trade for more picks. Another issue might be speculation of the talent level next year at certain postions.

One guy that could be a wild card in deciding to trade down is Lendale White and possibly D. Williams. Either of those guys could be franchise backs and because of the difficulty of finding a RB in FA that would be priced where we could afford them we could be targeting a RB if a trade could be worked out where we land one of them and still have a shot at Cutler. IMO a dream draft would be to get White and Cutler and still be able to grab the LBs and Ss we need in the other rounds.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

5. maximus

maximus Starter

We wont have a dozen picks. Instead of having a 3rd, we have 2 first rounders. We can then trade Volek after the draft for a pick in next years draft(assuming we draft a QB)

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2 first rounders is good

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

calvin johnson is larry fitzgerald.

8. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

In all fairness Tim Couch didn't get the opportunity he deserved and failed because of that cleveland browns coaching staff - he wasn't a detrimental force in the lockerroom like ryan leaf for instance.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

And then some. If he was in this year's draft I'd happily take him at #3. Every time I was in the US this year I reckon I saw a Georgia Tech game or highlights (Don't know why as I was nowhere near Georgia)
    and he was amazing.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok, ok...

It's vince young at #3. He simply looks too good in that titan #10. If reese sees puck's sig there will be no doubt he will go with vince.

Still i like omar jacobs a lot. The possibility of getting him in the second rd is really exciting but there are too many teams needing a QB and he might go earlier. Don't be surprised if jacobs goes ahead of cutler in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar