A lot of the people on this forum are comical to me.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Some of the posts that people put on here are classic. Do have the people even watch our games? or do people just either hate or love Vince Young. Why don't our fans get the big picture of our team. Theres now a thread where everyone is slamming Vince for having a bad game? ya.... and he had 7 good ones this year and we WOULD be in the playoffs had Vince started the whole season.
    Its also great that the guy who started that thread gave Vince the wrong record against AFC teams. Way to manipulate the facts to try and prove a point.
    He would have given us a better chance in all of those games except maybe New England, where...well....the wheels fell off. Especially Pittsburgh, where Collins couldn't react to a blitz to save his life and throws it out of bounds 3 out of 4 blitzes.
    Another thing that is great on here, is this whole Rod Hood debate, well no offense to Rod but he got cut from a couple teams and we signed him in October. He came in and played well and made some big plays. Of course like many other people on here, I dont think he should have been deactivated but I dont get paid to coach so maybe theres more to it than that. But lets all be honest....is Rod Hood a shutdown corner? no. Is he Charles Woodson 1999 style? no. He is even Cortland Finnegan? no. So lets not completely overvalue the guy like everyone seems to be doing.
    Nick Harper is obviously too old, and not as good as he used to be, the guy gets picked on horrendously each game BUT we dont have any corner depth and a lot of our young guys havn't stepped up at the CB position the past couple of years except for Finnegan. It would be nice to throw some dough at a quality CB net year...will that happen with the Titans? probably not. But ive given up being in denial about this team, they make a lot of mistakes and have a lot of front office problems.
    We dont always have solid drafts and A LOT of guys dont pan out. We sign a lot of free agent busts and dont treat our quality guys in the right way...(STEVE MCNAIR BEING LOCKED OUT ANYONE???)(RAVENS DEFECTORS ANYONE??). Im sure Keith Bullock is unfortunately next on managements chopping block
    We need to make some quality signings this offseason and I definately think the ship can be fixed. We need to fix the D-Line. I dont think drafting rookies and then letting them go after three years is the solution...Odom and Laboy...nor do i think making late round selections on CBs that take years to come to fruition will work either. I would LOVE for us to just sign a defensive line beast and a secondary beast. Honestly our team would be STACKED on D if we could get two big players to add. I think our offense is seriously solid. Vince is good enough to win games if he has help, CJ is obviously the biggest BEAST STUD on the planet but will probably get worn down by carries for a record. (remember Eddie George?). Our tight ends are obviously solid since we cherish those, and our receivers are finally respectful...even if washington was iffy at times.

But whats never mentioned on here is HOW BAD OUR RETURN GAME IS...did we return one punt or kickoff for a touchdown this year? did we have a 50 yard return? we had chris carr last year and then contract time it was SEE YA BUDDY have fun on the Ravens. Our returns are ABYSMAL and im sorry but I dont think we should have our 21 year old number one draft pick returning the kicks even if hes a beast. Hes one stupid kickoff injury away from damaging our offense.

Phew. ;) Had to let it out, it just gets so comical to me to see people thrashing Vince Young or Rod Hood or Nick Harper when theres a lot of bigger problems on this team such as (cough cough) coaching, the Front office, and having depth on our team that we have more than one solid corner on our roster.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

A lot of the newer members that have joined lately crack me up too coming in here and talking sh*t... Get over yourself pal.

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

This is what we call a "message board" a "forum" ect.... we promote discussion(s). It's a very simple concept, 90% of the posts are opinions. If a player plays poorly, then chances are they will be "discussed" about poorly. If a player plays well, then chances are they will be discussed in a good light. If all of us agreed with each other all the time this would be the most boring message board on the internet.

If you had spent significant time on this board, then you would have read many, and I mean MANY posts about how this team has more problems than just what Vince Young brings or doesn't bring to this team. You won't find too much love for Fisher, you won't find too much understanding as to why Hood wasn't playing over Harper ect.... So before you laugh yourself silly at the posters on this board, you may want to take some time and read some of the older posts.

If VY sucks in a game, then bring on the criticism. It's all part of the game, it's all part of the position and he is NOT the only QB catching heat when he has a bad game, trust me.

4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

cdubbs2121 one more thing... If you read previous posts, you'll find many complaining about our return game.

You come on here criticizing other forum posters about not talking about issues that we have beat to death. It just shows that you didn't do your research before you spewed off.

But I'm glad you feel better after your rant

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BTW- It's spelled "yeah".
    "Ya" = "you"

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

its comical that you think i'm going to read that....:rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I always liked a good comedy!

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Caddyshack is good comedy.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey you guys,
    Just because someone is new to this site, doesn't mean they're new to the Titans. I think everyone is worth hearing once. And seeing the Terminator in Chinese is comical too.

And to the original thread maker; search the topics before making the threads. Your talking about the lack of conversation on the return game, search it. I know cuz I made one 8 weeks ago. As have others.

10. Mike.Inghram

Mike.Inghram Camp Fodder

It's comical that after all these years as a Titans fan you still don't know Keith's last name.

IT IS BULLUCK.

THERE IS NO "O" IN HIS NAME.

comical..............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar