A loss is more than a loss.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

Every division is either tied or separated by one game. Yay mediocrity.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Guys don't forget... we now have a 2-4 conference record.

Other AFC teams conference records:

Indy 4-2
    Jacksonville 4-3
    Houston 3-3

NYJ 5-1
    New England 6-2
    Miami 3-4

Baltimore 6-2
    Pittsburgh 4-2

Oakland 3-2
    Kansas City 4-4
    San Diego 3-3

We have a lot of ground to make up regardless of what our record shows. Unless of course we can win the division outright. Six of our remaining seven games are AFC matchups though. So if we can get hot from here on out then anything is possible. But don't fool yourself. We have a tough road ahead in regards to the playoffs.

3. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

The conference record is the fourth tie breaker(H2H, Division, Common Opponents, Conference Record) in division so it won't hurt our chances in the AFC South.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I know. I was speaking to our chances at a wild card. If it goes down to H2H for a WC spot then Miami, Pittsburgh and San Diego all would go ahead of us. The only team we own the H2H tiebreaker against right now is Oakland.

I'm really trying to be optimistic. But when I look at the remaining schedule it's really hard to imagine us doing what it takes to win the division. Especially with the way we've been playing the past few games. And I have almost zero hope that we're getting in as a wild card. Today, I am a sad man. :(

5. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

I posted this in the Playoffs? thread, We will make win the division at 11-5 and there is a pretty decent chance at 10-6. However the only way win the wild card we need one of Bal/NYJ/NE/Pit to finish at 9-7 and hope none of the other 5-4 teams pass us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar