A loss is more than a loss.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

A loss to this team this year is more than just a LOSS.

Why do some people come on here and say "It's only one loss" or "It wasn't a Divisional game" and "Therefore it's OK to lose"?

We come on here and voice our opinions about a loss and there are a few that just don't give a crap, because it's not a Divisional game.

AFC EAST - New York Jets
    AFC NORTH - Pittsburgh Steelers
    AFC SOUTH - Indianapolis Colts
    AFC WEST - Kansas City Chiefs

Tennessee Titans
    San Diego Chargers
    New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens
    Miami Dolphins

What's wrong with the picture? There are 5 teams that will compete for 2 spots. If we don't win the division, there are 2 teams that have head to head over us.

I don't know about some of you guys, but i want to win every single game, even if it's not a "Divisional game". Why? Because home field advantage or a playoff bye don't hurt at all..

Again, is a loss a loss in a tight AFC race?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So they now decide the playoff picture using mid-season standings?
    Out the window with the ol' who's hottest, most uninjured at the end of season rule of thumb.. D'oh!

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

No one's happy we lost, but people want to write-off the season after every single loss. The fact is that this hurts us less than a division loss, let people look on the bright side of things.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It may not be a divisional loss, but it put us one game behind in the division.

5. amy

amy Starter

May be, but are we one whit better than at the beginning of the season?

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We pretty much have to sweep the colts to make the playoffs. That will be tough considering our defense...

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If anything looks to me like this team is more injured than at the beginning of the season. If the QBs don't get healthy then it none of this matters.
    I can only hope they will..

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's losses like this one that show me we WONT win the division. We let Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen, allow me to repeat, Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen beat us, badly. So if we can't stop them what chance do we have against Manning? I don't have to see us play in a divisional game to know this team isn't very good.

9. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

The chances of winning the wild card spots is pretty low. but there is the bright spot that the afc east and north play each other this year, so they will be a few more guaranteed loses to the teams ahead of us in the wild card hunt. our best chance at the playoffs has been and will remain for us to win the division.

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

With the competitiveness of the North and the East, I've written off our chances of grabbing a wildcard spot. It basically feels like it's take the division or bust.

Makes watching East/North games more interesting, though. With the Ravens loss, do we then want the Steelers or the Patriots to win this game? Meh, I don't even know anymore.

One of the most concerning matters is that we don't feel like division winners right now. The Colts are winning (or at least competitive) despite their injuries, while the Titans can't get over the hump and beat a team we're supposed to beat. The most frustrating thing is that, on a level of talent, we should be 8-1. A loss to the Steelers sucks, but they were the better team. You have to beat the Broncos, Chargers and Dolphins. Combined record of 12-15. You have to be better than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar