A look at pass defense in Indy and Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky The fine folks at Cold, Hard Football Facts do very good work, and I've been guilty of looking at it too infrequently.

Just came across these notes from them on pass defense:

INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts still allow that amazingly miniscule four TD passes for the season, after keeping the Browns out of the end zone (by any method) back on Sunday. As noted several times this year, the modern record for TD passes allowed is five, by the world-champion 1973 Dolphins in a 14-game season. Indy's ability to keep opposing passers out of the end zone here in the Golden Age of the Passing Game is nothing less than one of the statistical stories of the 21st century.

TENNESSEE - The Titans led the league in Defensive Passer Rating for much of the year before being surpassed recently by the Ravens. Still, their better than 2-to-1 INT-to-TD ratio is rare in this day and age and surpassed this season only by Indy's historic pass-defense streak (noted above).

For CHFF'sÂ*full look at defensive passer rating and some other quality notes that fall outside the AFC South, head here.

More...

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd love to get a couple passing TDs on them from Kerry just to wreck that.

I also love our TD/INT ratio stat.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

Maybe because once you get in the redzone all you have to do it is run for the TD vs the Colts.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar