A Look at Free Agent Prospects for '07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

I don't believe Drew is worth keeping, it's more trouble than it's worth paying starter money to two #2's. Freeney will be re-signed by the Clots, I dunno why everyone thinks they won't. And Calvin won't even enter the draft next year, apparently his parents want him to finish his degree and they don't need the money.

For a FA end, I like Charles Grant better than Adalius Thomas, purely because Grant is an out-and-out DE whereas Thomas is a 'tweener.

And the only good thing to come out of Albert's suspension is now we can give him a pay cut, because his market value has plummeted.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Colts have several issues.............June and Freeney are FA and they have another big problem.............Corey Simon and his monster deal..............if he is truly dont that will eat more cap space in dead money and to top it all off...............Booger has played like snot and his number is huge and he also cost them a two................Colts day in the sun is done this yr.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Drew wants to stay.................but with the GM issue in the air no one knows what will happen.

4. dlb

dlb Guest

If we don't keep Bennett, I think we make a big mistake. No, he's not one of the elite receivers in the league, but he is steady and does a lot of things that don't show up on a stat sheet to help the team.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

ok..well....Going into the offseason & im talking both the draft and FA, what is the #1 need then for this team...?

I'd vote defensive line just based soley on the fact that i think Fuller/Lowry can replace LT at the safety spot opposite of Hope. We need some type of an impact d-lineman whether it be a DT or DE. Pass rush is a huge key too, because if we can generate one, that'll help out the secondary tremendously as far as coverage & turnovers go....

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If I were GM I would address the WR, S, and DL in the first few rounds of the draft. This is a very deep draft for receivers and there are a few good safeties out there that can be had the 2nd or 3rd round.

Then I would bring in a defensive play maker I don't care what position but perferably Corner. After that I fill needs in both the draft and then free agency. This would be a great time to purge the team of left over bad atitudes and I think we all know who I talking about.

I could see as many as 20 new faces when training camp starts.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

One other thing to mention is that who ever the Titans decide to bring in they better be someone with the same work ethic as Vince because he never stops working and requires receivers that do the same. He will not like showing up to volintary practices without his top playmakers there to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar