A little concerned for future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by galaril, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

So, to say a lot has happened in the last week or two witht he Tians would be an understatement. I am getting pretty disappointed quickly witht he Titans seemingly alck of prep work it seems before the FA period as the quick signings of top players elsewhere than Tenn. Look at the teams position by position let's see.(ratings based on 1-10 scale with 1 being very big question area)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Offense

QB- Young, some veteran, late rd Draft/Undrafted Rookie FA (8)-Set

RB- Henry (assuming he is gone), White ( good number #2 back), Brown (gone )- 2 with out Henry/ 7 with Henry and a good mid round scatback.

FB- Hall (7)-Set

TE- Troupe, Scaife, Hartsock, Cramer- if Troupe stays healthy (6)

LT- Roos (8)- Set

LG- Bell (8)-Set

C- Mawae, Amano- need to think about finding replacement for Mawae in year or so thru Draft (8)

RG- Olson-if he stays healthy (8)

WR- Bennett (gone and need to replace with a legit #1 WR),Givens (Can't be counted on with injury history anything he can offer is bonus probably 3rd WR when all is said and done), Wade (assuming Titans resign him), B.Jones, R.Williams (5 wideout guy), Roby and Orr fight for 6th WR.- 5 (If Givens stays healthy/ 8 if we get a solid veteran role model WR.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Defense

LDE- KVB, A.Odom (7)-Set

RDE- Need to add Top Quality Vet DE FA,or 1ST Round Draft, T.Boy (3)

DT- Haynesworth- Needs to clean up act behavior and work ethic or be traded for a higher (1-2?) draft pick if possible. (6-9)

DT- Starks, Smith, Brown, Mahelona -weakness, starter is not in this group. (4)

Mlb- Open-wanted to go get A.Thomas, Tulloch and Sirmon (assuming he resigns are backups (2)

SLB- Thorton,Bockwoldt,Nande (7)-Set

WLB- Bulluck,(9)-Set

FS- Fuller, Lowry- not long term answers but are stop gap for the next couple of years. (5)

SS- Hope- strength and leader of secondary could be this teams Blaine Bishop. (8)

RCB- Open- Jones should be traded to the Raiders or anyone who will give us 2nd round draft pick or cut him. He needs to be used as an example to the team of mostly young players that these kind of distractions will not be tolerated period! Partly, thanks to this Pacman fiasco front office wasted time when we could of been lining up Clements or Thomas for negotiations. Also, I think we can't underestimate the impact of the 100% negative press the Titans have been attracting in the last week. What do we after Pacman, who knows? R.Hill (Dimeback at best)HUGE HOLE here. - (1)

LCB-Open, Woolfolk ("should be" gone) -(1)

Nickelback-C.Finnegan,-6 set

K- Bironas (8)- Set

P- Hentrich (7)- Set

KR- Open, Wade(3)

PR- Open, Wade (4)
    Thanks to Pacman and not getting any of the top CBs in FA such as Samuels, Clements, or Bly we have some huge holes to fill. Also, gettign a new GM in palce so late in the process was a huge msitake by Bud Adams. It's like the dam sprouting to many holes and not enough fingers to plug them all. We have holes at ALOT of starting postions as things stand:
    #1 WR, #1 RB, MLB, LCB, RCB, and FS.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think pacman staying is pretty much a done deal. we didnt get clements, which some could have seen as his replacement or just a kick *** tandem. we didnt re-rign wade, who was easily our second best returner. we dont have anyone else on the roster who can play corner effectively.

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Hentrich gets a 7? Why not 8 or 9? He's regarded as one of the best in the game right now. He also played kicker and punter for a while there. I give him a 9. I was thinking before FA started that the Titans first pick might be a D lineman, but now that Kevin Carter's agent is talking, I think that the Titans must go with a cornerback in the first round. That is the weakest area on the team. It's been the weakest area for a couple of years now. We need to pick up a MLB from FA or something. Sirmon is most likely not going to stick around... He was questionable last season. The Titans need some instant success with their draft picks this year.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

not just that, you have a guy on your list who's a FA (Bockwoldt), and Smith is prolly gone too, and I'm not sure MLB is the best place for Thomas to be if we sign him (which we're not)

5. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Pac may be with us to start out but what happens if or when he finally gets convicted of something and is in jail or suspended?

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im really scared at this time, and due to my inner rage, close to insanity

7. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I agree that Hentrich could be a 9 and guys like Smith and Bockwoldt bot really factors here or gone. This is justa rough thing I threw together to get sense of the teams state. Also, the ratings are just a rough estimate.IMHO;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar