A. Hall suspended 4 games.. Trade for Packers FB Q. Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ai2Ai, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

I like Hall but don't thinks he's that great of a FB.

I think a lot of players are on PED's so it's never a surprise when one gets caught.

Usually though those that get caught are not the same players afterwards. Merriman and Cushing have both sucked since getting caught.

I don't think this bodes well for Hall's NFL career. With more frequent regular testing he'll be subject to he's not going to be the same.
  2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Did anyone think the same thing I did after hearing Hall's response?

Why didn't he fly?

Common sense tells you that if you have to take something to keep you awake so that you can drive, then you shouldn't drive.

Geesh, I think I'm getting old. I'm starting to preach common sense things lol
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

Here's to hoping Quinn Johnson can pick up the slack. Call it me, but I see this as another reason to limit CJ's touches this coming week. I would rather see how QJ does before exposing my newest multimillionaire to injury.
  4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Energy drink may get you suspended in the NFL. List of banned substances is huge.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

I remember watching Quinn Johnson at LSU and a little bit with with Packers last year when they went heavy with Kuhn as the tailback, the guy can block. Who knows what his hands are like.
  6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yea he's not bad. And I don't care if he can catch or not.
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Two things:

1) It was not a recent positive test. It happened a long time ago and the Titans have known about it for a long time. Hall was going through the appeals process, which can take several months to get worked out. Apparently the Titans have been watching FBs on other teams, knowing that they might need to replace Hall (either temporarily or permanently).

2) This could turn out to be a really good trade. Johnson is supposedly a beast but he showed up to Packers camp overweight. The Packers already have John Kuhn, so I assume that is what made Johnson expendable.

He will probably get a 4-game audition and then maybe he will take Hall's job. If not, I bet all the Titans traded away was a very late draft pick.
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I'm sure it was a 6th or 7th round pick
  9. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

This could end up working out better than we hoped.If he can block,run and help CJ gain yards then Hall could be taking his services elsewhere.His greatest test will be against that Ravens defense in week two.
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

if they knew about it for so long it seems they would have gotten an FB to at least practice with the team before being thrown in to game 1.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.