A few Wii questions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

How much is the base system? I thought this system was the cheapest, but all the prices I see are of ~$500 bundles.

What's the deal with the retro games? How's the controller work for old games? Do you get these games from an on-line download?

Also, are most or all of the games only playable by swinging/thrusting/hammering/or throwing that funky controller? Never played one of these things, just get the impression that they are trying to get kids to be more active while playing games.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

$250. That includes one Wiimote.

You buy them off the Internet and they are stored on the Wii. You can buy a "classic controller" that works with all the systems. I don't know if the Wiimote is compatable, but GameCube controllers are. To play Gamecube games, you just use the game disc. I think NES is $5, the SNES $10 and maybe the N64 $20. Just a guess.

Well, I only play bowling (which is addictive), Guitar Hero (not), Mario Kart (not), and Brawl (not). Bowling is more addictive than heroin.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

lmao! Is it actually called a Wiimote? Maybe I'll come to wuv the wiimote :lol:

Seems like a decent deal. I guess they are in such high demand that the base model is hard to find. I'm just not sure if there's a lot that will appeal to me as far as new games other than the new Metroid.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

yeah, wal-marts have them for 250 or so. Not that bad. That's with wii sports, I believe?

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Correct. I forgot to mention that it was included. The bowling on that thing is amazing, tennis is good, boxing is good, baseball is OK, and golf is awful.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ok so for $250 you get a few sports games? Not bad. I was reading up on Metroid, and I guess it uses the new controller in funny ways to do stuff. Still looks awesome.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Bobo

yeah, $250 and comes with Wii Sports
    alot of the games have multi-control capability
    Brawl, for instance, allows you to play with the Wiimote with or without the nunchuck (you turn it sideways and it acts like an old school NES controller), you can buy the Wii Classic Controller, but I don't see the need
    the Camecube controller can be used, and I think it's great for Brawl
    hell, you might even be able to use an n64 controller too

and you could have like 4 people playing ... all with different controllers

games like Mario Galaxy , Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime benefit from the Wii control system. Shooters take on new meaning when a remote is used for aiming weapons (RE4 -Wii Edition has been determined to be the definitive version of the title for its control by some)

slinging the wiimote around isn't the only way to input action, some games should let you map motions to the trigger or A button

it feels awkward at first, but then it ultimately feels more natural to slice at something or aim at a target instead of wiggling a joystick

if you got any enjoyment out of your Gamecube, you'll probably be happy with the Wii ..... it's the most requested console to fire up when company's over

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*Nintendo pays $5 into Pucks account for brown nosing*

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Puck, played the newest Metroid? I actually missed out on Prime 2....guess that'd be nice on the Wii as well. Then there's the old, old school games. As crazy as it sounds, I'd probably use it just as much for retro gaming vs new games.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so, it's now brown nosing to answer someone's concerns about a control mechanic ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar