A draft day trade in the works............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What does he have left on his contract? If it is only one year (or maybe 2) it might not make much difference IMO. Actually we could bring him in for the remainder of his contract, although higher than his value and when the contract runs out consider re-signing him.

The issue I see coming up is if he is cut he is on the market and alot of clubs will be giving him consideration because the FA WR market is not real good. By trading for him we at least assure we have him while Givens recovers from his injury. If the Jets have no options but to cut him they will drop their demands for a 4th rounder (maybe get him for a 6th) unless another club is interested.

2. Nash

Nash Starter

I heard yesterday that a "speedy" WR deal was being discussed, but no mention of who the receiver was....I thought I heard a trade of either Williams or Roby for this player but not sure..sounds like we are doing a major upgrade of the WR corps

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We're getting Randy Moss. Don't everyone freak out. I'm just guessing. Moss.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And Soxcat, he has 3 years left, and salaries of something like $9.75M, 8M and 8M. $25.75M over 3 years. Lot of change. He's not worth that much, IMO.

I know most are against Moss, but I like the thought of him and Brandon Jones across from one another. Wade in the slot for a while...until Givens returns.

And if he's still here, let's be honest, 3 WR sets with Moss, Jones and Bennett will be ridiculous. One RB, one TE. Henry/Pacman and Troupe/Scaife or Hall somewhere in the mix? Put down the pitch black sunglasses and forget the negatives for a moment. Does anyone else see what I see? This could be maximum stretch. And the best part is, Vince has the option to run with defenders deep down field. I like the thought of Moss in the equation.

Or another "speedy" receiver. Whatever.

This could be fun.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think moss cares about football anymore. i just dont see it from him.

6. me either, i dont want him, and fish has already said before that were not going to get him so stop with this stupid talk

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I was talking about JMac's contract. If he has one or two years left at $3 mil each he might be worth trading a late round pick. Gives us a year to get Givens back 100%. Of course if JMac stinks up the place we just let him go. If he plays well and is a viable #2 or #3 WR down the road maybe we keep him longer with a new more reasonable contract. The Jets will be the ones having to carry any dead money from his previous contract, all we have to deal with is his salary.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Moss, Moss, Moss, Moss, Moss.

CMOSS.

RibonucleicMOSS.

The Moss is greener...

Mosster Vision.

I'm demosstrating my point here.

That stupid talk? :))

I'd say I'd buy you a Fathead if I'm right, but I won't.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

What if we got Jarvis Moss? Could I be technically right then?

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moss would be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar